“Fantastic Flan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Don Pepe's

Don Pepe's
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Flan!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

On our first trip to Rio Grande (we were staying at Gran Melia) it was difficult for us to find a nice restaurant near our resort. We asked one of the workers at the resort to recommend a place to eat and he suggested Don Pepe's. We had seen the restaurant along PR3 but it seemed like it was just a breakfast place. When we entered we were pleasantly surprised at the lovely decor and nice background music. The restaurant is small but we were seated immediately and were waited on promptly. My husband ordered the Chillo Entero, which is a fish that is filleted and then deep fried. It is served whole with the eyes, tail, etc. It was delicious. For dessert we ordered the cheese flan. It was so fantastic that now I dream of finding a great flan here in the US. Haven't found one here yet. I'll just have to make a return trip to Don Pepe's someday.

• Visited August 2013

New City, New York
“Great Dinners and lunches in Rio Grande”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Don Pepe's has very good food at a reasonable price our Waiter Alex is Great
Make sure if its your birthday to ask for a glass of sangria the sell it by the bottle also cheepest price we found
good for breakfast aswell good portions

• Visited March 2013
“Nice place but awkward atmosphere”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The food gets an A+, My family and I were really happy with everything we ordered. Some minor problems I found was that the place was very small, kind of makes you feel crammed in between all the tables and people. The other initial issue was with the semi-awkwardness with the employees. When we first walked in we weren't even greeted or even looked at by the staff. After a few akward minutes of just standing at the entrance, my family and I decided to sit on our own at an empty table. After that, we had to wait about 10 mins more for a waiter to approach our table. From my impression, I think that the problem is that the waiters are kind of eerie of english speaking costumers. There is nothing wrong with that, not everybody speaks two languages. But I wish they didn't make it so obvious, that made us feel uncomfortable. After they realized we spoke spanish, they became much warmer towards us and gave us a great service.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food was great. They had breakfast, lunch, and diner. The atmosphere was joyful with good music playing. The price was about right. No hard hit to the wallet in this place.

Visited September 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great Food. One of the best! The seafood mofongo with coconut rice is excelent. You have to go. And also the Coconut Flan is a must.

• Visited September 2013