“Excellent Food & Service”

Pasion by Chef Myrta
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Mofongo, fried cheese cake, corn fritters...do I need to say more? Too bad this place isn't at a better hotel.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

After reading the reviews I almost laughed out loud when the hostess greated us with a blank almost bored expression. The manager was there and I told him about the nice old couple who ate here two nights in a row and raved about Meilo the server. He placed us in Meilo's area and from then on the dinner was fabulous. I agree the Sangria was not special but everything elso was quality and worth the price. My Red Snapper stuffed with shrimp was excellent. Make sure you ask for Meilo!

1  Thank Todd E
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had a large group of 16 and they did a great job from start to finish. The servers seemed like they were all over, and the food itself was great! Everyone in our party was raving about the food and service. It's inside the Gran Melia so of course the prices were going to be expensive and they were. It was worth it though for the great food and service.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very Bad experience a couple month ago.The "soup: was terrible, and food very salty. I prefer the other restaurant "Pasion por el Fogon"

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had the seafood paella, and my wife had the casuela special. Mine was fine but a bit salty. Her tiny lobster tail was overcooked and mealy, and her shrimp were rubbery. She would have sent it back, but we never saw the waiter again once our entrees arrived. When she said something at the end of the meal, the manager said he couldn't do anything because she had consumed the food. They did comp one glass of wine each though and a dessert, but we expected more considering how nice the resort was and the extremely high prices at the restaurant.