This was our third time at Wyndham rio mar, this time for a week. While booking two months prior to our stay I requested an ocean front room with the highest floor available. Checking in they were only able to give us the 3rd floor on the side the renovations were taking place. Room was OK but dated and in need of work. While the renovations can't be avoided as they are spending money to improve the hotel, it was very annoying (jackhammering up the tile floors) as they take place 9-5 M-F. In our group we had three rooms total and one wasn't ready until 7 pm that night.
New rules were also put in place at the hotel since our last stay two years ago which include: closing the hot tub and pool at 8, 9, 9:30 (whatever the security guards felt like. Originally I was told they were closed for chemicals, and then later that they were closed but we could put our feet in), closing the beach at 5, 4:30, 4 (whenever the staff felt like taking in the chairs and umbrellas). When I say "close" the beach, I mean they took their chairs and umbrellas back but they can't make you leave as it is a public beach. Concierge desk was zero help when I asked for a cab number as it should just be called the time share sales desk.
The beach and surrounding area is great, but we aren't going to stay here again which is a shame because it used to be a great resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Vacatia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande