Got an amazing deal on this hotel through Cheap Carribean and could not have been more pleased with the value. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was helpful, and we were upgraded to a ocean view room.
Despite everyone's advice we did not rent a car and were pleased with our decision. Yes, cabs were overpriced, but we only left the resort for dinner, and we still saved enough money by leaving the hotel for the meal that the expensive cabs did not matter that much.
As far as food suggestions go, we ate at La Parilla the first night which was excellent. The second night we ate at the Mexican place reccomended to us by all of our cab drivers--Lolitas--which was cheap and tasty and the portions were huge. At both of these places we had enough leftovers for large lunches the next day. On our final two nights we ate at Richies. The food is certainly not gourmet, but the location cannot be beat--both in its proximity to the Rio Mar and its spectacular view. Both night we were greated by Richie, who is a wonderful host.
The weather was perfect everyday and the ocean ideal for swimming. We also enjoyed the adult pool, and I took the occasional trip down the waterslide in the activity pool. Tennis facilities were great.
We loved this vacation and highly reccomend it to others, especially if you can get a good deal on a package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vacatia, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande