Booked my trip through Cheapcarribean.com, stayed at Wyndham Rio Mar Resort for 5 days on the last week of November 2011. I had a wonderful experience and would definitely come back again. Went on many excursions, had TONS of fun. Here are some thoughts:
1) Booked the "round of house" view, got a free upgrade to ocean view room with balcony!
2) Rooms felt humid, but their A/C is powerful, turn it on and you won't feel hot for sure.
3) Hotel ground is BEAUTIFUL, multiple pools, including one with a mini-waterslide.
4) Everyone is so friendly & helpful
5) Sat for the 90 min talk about Time Share (BOR-ING) but received $75 credit for excursions :)
6) BOOK A CAR! I booked mine through enterprise, it came out to about $15/day, crazy good deal!
7) Never ate once at the hotel, ALWAYS explored local kiosks, along with the little strip that everyone talks about, I loved TAPAS 13 !!!
Excursions I went on:
1) El Yunque National Rainforest --> AMAZING HIKE, with La Mina Fall at the end
2) Old San Juan --> historic, beautiful & colorful
3) Bioluminescent Bay Tour --> kayaking in a lagoon under the moonlight, into water that lights up b/c of plankton in the water.
4) Esperanza Beach @ Isla Vieques -- crystal clear water
5) Flamenco Beach @ Culebra -- went there on private boat with open bar/ lunch provided, snorkeling/ explore beach.
I loved my stay at Wyndham b/c it provided an ultra comfy bed, on a beautiful resort ground, but everyday I left for a different excursion. Concierge was very helpful, has LOADS of information.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort Rio Grande