We will be back to this resort! The beach and the resort are beautiful, and the service was great.
Tip #1: Rent a car. It will save you a lot of money.
Tip #2: Eat out. There is a delicious and very reasonably priced Tappas place called Tappas 13 very close by (take a left at the light) and we ate there for four days straight! Also, Antojitas, which is just at the end of the road, has great breakfast and delicious coffee. It opens at 8 am.
Tip #3: If you want to sit on the beach, you better get there by 10 am! Chairs are taken!
Tip #4: If you are going to play golf, and you want to save $$, play after 2 pm. You will definitely get all 18 holes in, and it is half the cost. Also, PLAY golf if you are a golfer! What a great course!
Tip#5: If you are not into shopping (because we are not) do not go to Old San Juan. It is just like going to the mall, only hotter. We were there for 15 minutes. It is also a 40 minute drive, each way.
Tip #6: Definitely go to the rainforest and take a hike to the waterfall! It is 10 minutes from the resort and so much fun!
Enjoy it! We did and we will return for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort Rio Grande