“Awesome Italian food in a hotel”
Review of Palio

Palio
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Indulge yourself with superior service and exquisite cuisine in our Italian restaurant. Palio combines an intimate atmosphere within an elegant setting for an unforgettable experience.
ma
“Awesome Italian food in a hotel”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was honestly surprised how good the food was since we were at a hotel. We started with salads which were amazing and so fresh. I also had the mushroom soup which I couldnt get enough of. I ate the whole bowl! My husband had the filet mignon and it was great. I had the chicken marsala and it was delicious. It was really some of the best italian i had ever had. It is a little pricey but well worth every penny for a nice night out. We sat outside which was wonderful!

• Visited April 2012

New Bern, North Carolina
“Some of the best Italian I've ever had”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I've got to say - an Italian restaurant in a "Grande" Resort was a bit intimidating. But .... we ended up going twice! The food was incredible. The bolognaise was some of the best I've ever had - and I make a SUPER one. The Sea Scallops were done to perfection, the flavor incredible and way too much to eat. A fine selection of wines from across the globe (including Italian) !
If there was one complaint, it was that they have problems with reservations and are always a bit optimistic regarding seating at a certain time.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Guhor1966
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Great expierence!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

What a wonderful expierence!  Palio is great.
Even though this restaurant is in a big hotel it has the feel of a small, elegant bistro.
There is a very nice bar with a marvelous pianist at the entrance to Palio.
The ambiance and the service is everything you could want in an upscale restaurant but the best thing about the restaurant is the food.  Everything we had was extremely fresh and tasty.  The mushroom soup was one of the best I have ever had and the cappacio was served with arugula which took it to a higher level.  The sword fish special was well prepared and really good.
This beautiful restaurant has a dress code but I saw many men in shorts. So do not let the dress code stand on your way.  It is in a beach resort.
A special mention to our waiter, Benjamin who was very professional and clearly  proud of his restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
“Great food, took an hour to get our food.”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The scallops with butternut squash ravioli was divine! It's too bad it took so long to get it. If the food was served faster I would have given 5 stars.

Decatur, Illinois
“Good, not worth the money”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Beautiful ambiance, exceptional service. Way over priced, and I've had better Italian at little mom and pop restaurants.

• Visited February 2012