“Great stay”

Adagio Access Paris Maisons Alfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Checking in is difficult if you have driven there as there's no place to temporarily park your car and unload luggage, especially during times when traffic is heavy! Forget about it at rush hour!! They are at a light and traffic barely moves from my observations. Luckily we came in post rush hour and there was a space in a loading zone down the street that I pulled into. I walked in and waited at reception for what was at least 10 minutes while 2 members of the desk staff spoke to a guest checking in. Finally, one of the staff gave his attention to me and I checked in. The parking space I had reserved was not available, but I was told I could leave the car where it was overnight and move it at 8am in the morning. I was first told there would be no space, and then told there would be. Then we were told the elevator was not working, so we carried our luggage up the stairs to the 5th floor. Seeing there was an indoor pool when making the reservation, I asked about going for a swim, but was told the pool was closed for "technical reasons". Three quick strikes!!! I remember, at the time, thinking "This is the 4th strike and we've been here 30 minutes", but I cannot recall what I'm leaving out. The shower water flow was very weak, and the piece holding the shower head kept falling off. We didn't pay for breakfast, as usually those are hugely disappointing, and in France especially. The wifi was slow, very few restaurants in the area, neighborhood below average. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, a small kitchen behind a vertically sliding panel as a matter-of-fact, and that was nice. The room was comfortable, warm, slightly above average in it's condition, cleaned well. The staff were helpful when not be inefficient. The dark-haired young woman at reception seemed to move, speak, and even think in slow-motion. I would stay here again for the same rate (€77, €59, and €59 for our 3 nights) and expecting not to have the same check-in experience. Other than that I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Sorry...can't offer one. Cross your fingers?
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank John D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed at Citea studio in sep
2011 for 3 nights, everything was good such as: prices, service etc.. The guy on reception called John he is very helpful and well known English! There are two near supermarkets in the area and also 3 Halal shops selling kebabs etc for €5 a meal. Can also walk to the river which about 7-10 minutes walk. Metro station only 3 minutes walk...... The only disadvantage is will take you about an hour to get to Paris City bec metro stop on every station + you have to change to different line. Airport about an hour to hour and 15 minutes from Alfort metro station... Area can be risky at night time after 11pm and this could be at anywhere in the world.. Finally the only thing I did not like on my room is the carpet because it was so dirty even after clean, so I did wear a slippers all the time....

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Doncaster2003
Manchester, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in April 2011 and for 66 euros a night for 4 of us you really can't complain as room was clean and in working order but crikey, it is so dated and really needs sorting out. We stayed here as we'd been to Disneyland Paris and had the car and it wasn't too far to drive and offered parking at 10 euros a night in a secure underground carpark that is used by people in the apartment across the road. Got the feeling that a lot of business people stay here for the working week as it was much quieter at the weekend. Room was fine for all 4 of us beds ok but the kitchen was very strange with some sort of boiler or water tank in it!! was a bit worried from a health and safety point of view but seemed fine. There was a boulangerie across the road and a Casino supermarket so breakfast was easy (and far cheaper than paying to have it in the hote)
Everything was clean and the maids cleaned the room and made the beds every day. Metro was a 5 minute walk and it was about 15-20 mins into the centre. Would recommend to anyone with a car but if not, then stay closer in.

Room Tip: get a room at the back not on the main road
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank twinsgashead
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

A two night stay in a supposedly business orientated hotel. On arrival had terrible reception service very rude and unhelpful. Check-in is 2pm and once settled in room at 2.30 someone came to do a cleaning check - not very organised! Had to ask for every single piece of information re services i.e nothing was explained upon arrival, I got to my room and had to go all the way back down to reception for internet access codes etc.. Besides the awful service, the rooms were a good size and there is a supermarket 2 minutes away The metro is not far away, but quite far from central Paris.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Kaeru30

Travelers are raving about these Maisons-Alfort hotels

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

This was my third trip to Paris; I wanted an affordable room with a kitchen and because some other Citea hotels nearer to the city centre did not have vacancies I settled on this one.

I should have asked for a quiet room (Est-ce que vous avez une chambre calme?) but I did not, so I got a room with a view: 501, facing a busy street. But I was lucky. It was not so hot that I couldn’t close the window, and with the window closed, noise level was bearable.

Compared with my previous two rooms (the first one near Gare de Nord and the second one near Porte de Clignancourt), this one was a lot bigger. It was showing signs of an old age, but it was still in a good shape. It had a TV which I hardly used, a fridge I could do without this time but I wanted to check how the kitchen was equipped when I come back with my wife for a longer stay and a shower with a pressure that could be better. The pool seemed clean, I did not use it, but a family of four did.

The only real problem that I had with this hotel is the fact that it is rather far away from the city centre. Yes, it is less than 5 minutes from a metro stop (line 8 - Ecole Veterinaire) but I spent 40 minutes, one metro change included, to come to a site in the centre. Next time I will try a hotel of the same chain but nearer the centre (Philippe Auguste) or nearer the RER (La Defense or Torcy).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Bomi_Kalov
yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

I stayed for a week in a room booked through Eurostar. I had a great week. Good room bigger than average with good bathroom, cooking and dining facilities. Staff were polite and helpful. The hotel was only a block back from the Marne with riverside paths so it was quickly possible to get away from it all. I found the area pleasant and friendly, not touristy, with all the local shops and cafes you need including a vegetarian/ organic wholefood shop about 1/4 mile beyond the metro. Close to the metro (line 8) and on a convenient bus route,(24) Metro is quickest (about 20 minutes to the centre and frequent service) but the bus is more scenic. Bit slow in the rush hour though (about 1 hour)

• Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Veggie59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maisons-Alfort
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
Kyriad Paris Est - Porte De Bercy - Saint Maurice
Adagio Access Nogent-Sur-Marne
Adagio Access Nogent-Sur-Marne
#2 of 4 in Nogent-sur-Marne

Been to Adagio Access Paris Maisons Alfort? Share your experiences!