“great neighborhood hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Adagio Access Paris Maisons Alfort
oklahoma city
“great neighborhood hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2008

hotel is a suburb of Paris, yet still acessible by Metro. Neighborhood is nive with restauraunts, shopping etc. It was a quiet hotel with nice staff. I did have a major issue with hot water. Hot water tank was not wokring, but was fixed upon notification. Room safes, swimming pool, kitchenete. I suggest this hotel chain in general when staying in Paris. Internet is free.

• Liked — comfort and kitchnette
  • Disliked — hot water issues....room, and swimming pool shower
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ramblingman77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Taylors, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2006

I stayed at the Citea Maison mainly because I liked the price. For the week we were there, we paid $58 Euro a night which was good. The room was bigger then I expected and amenities were also good. There's a microwave, frig with little freezer, stove with two burners and a table for eating. Almost right next door there is a Casino (Super Market) that you can pretty much buy anything at. Also in the room are glasses, plates, silverware, I believe a frying pan and other utensils. To eat cheap we would buy bagettes and cheese or lunch meat and coke. Speaking of coke, its ridiculous the price you will pay for one in Paris. I know we paid about $10 for two 12 oz cokes at the Luvre and that was't the most expensive we saw. My suggestion is buy your coke from the grocery store and drink water or wine while in Paris. You will save a bunch of money. There is no air condition. I repeat there is no air condition, so beware if its really hot. We lucked out the week we were there, it was hot the first day then there were cloudy skys and it would only get up to 80 and at night when were in the room it would get down in the 50's which was great. We kept the window open the whole time to get fresh air. Hardly any bugs and I didn't see a single mosquito which was weird since there was no screen.

For the 58 a night, price you only get a cleaning once a week, so we had to clean up after ourselves. You also only get one set of towels to last you 3 or 4 days which was very different then what we do at home, but we made due. It made us feel more french, after all there are some smelly people in that country. Just like the other reviews said , it is close to the Metro, for an average walker it will take you about 10 minutes to get there, if you are a fast walker less then 5. The same is true for the bus stops as well. There is one right outside the hotel but I don't exactly know where it goes. The ones closer to the Metro stop, take you into Paris I am sure. Maisons Alfort is not Paris, it is a suburb of Paris. It takes about 15 minutes to get into Paris via the metro. I don't suggest taking the metro after 10pm, some strange characters ride after then. At least on our line they did. We bought a 5 day pass while there, so we could ride the bus and the metro within the 3 zones for free. It was an excellent purchase. Whenever we were lost in Paris, we would just hop on a bus or a metro and find a familiar stop. The metro map becomes easier to read after about the 2nd day. The bus map is a lot harder but at least you can see the areas you are and get off when it looks right. I think thats the only thing I regret, staying 15 minutes out means you have to try and get back to your room or else take a taxi before it gets too late. Had we stayed in Paris, we probably could have done more later on at night and felt save about getting back to the room. So keep that in mind.

The staff speaks English some better then others. Normally the person there between 8-6 is the one who speaks the best English with the night person only speaking a limited amount.

This is my first review so I know I rambled a bit, I tried to write things as I think of them. Half way through the stay, I wanted to switch to another Citea hotel, the one near the Eiffel tour, because it was actually in Paris and had Air Condition but of course there were no vacancies. It's a smaller hotell but the website makes it look nice. If I go back to Paris, I will first try to stay at the Eiffel Tour Citea but if I can't I would gladly stay back at Citea Maisons. Another good thing about staying in the suburbs was we found a nice mall no too far from the hotel. It's in the opposite direction of Paris on the #8, the very last stop. The metro drops you right out front and there are many restaraunts and stores to shop in. I found the prices much better then Paris Shopping. The people have more trouble speaking English though, so be sure to have a pocket translator. Take a look at my pictures, I decided to take some so you can see what a double room looks like.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank cbullrun
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2006

Hi i had booked this hotel over the eurostar website and was a bit apprehensive after reading a few negative reviews.Anyway,I stayed here from 24th to 26th March 2006 and found the hotel to be excellent. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable.Each room has a big window . It had a fully equipped kitchen with a refrigerator,electric hob,microwave and kitchen accessories. The hotel is located 2 min from the Metro and has a supermarket close by from which you can buy anything you will ever need.The supermarket closes at 9pm but there is a asian shop right across the street which stays open quite late.The swimming pool was open and there were a few people using it. I didnt go myself but can confirm that its open.Didnt use the Wifi so dont know about it. The staff were very friendly the lady at the reception was very friendly and helpful.She even allowed us to overstay beyond the official checkout time.I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay at a apartment hotel in Paris. I will definitely stay there for my next visit.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2005

I stayed in this hotel during end of August, start of September 2005 .. The hotel is clean, nice and the area is ok .. BUT not all what is said about it on the web is true ..
The hotel has a swimming pool, but it is closed for renovation sice March 2003, and there is no plan to open it soon.
The hotel says on the web that it has a free WiFi service, there is a signal exists in the hotel, but they have a problem with their service provider since some time, and the internet is not working and they have no clue when it is going to be working !!!
About the people there very frew are friendly the others do not know how to smile .. But if you do not care about this point you can go on without it.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Maisons-Alfort hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maisons-Alfort
Hotel Moderne
#1 of 1 in Alfortville
Hotel des Bains
Hotel des Bains
#2 of 2 in Maisons-Alfort

Been to Adagio Access Paris Maisons Alfort? Share your experiences!