Review Highlights
Beautiful

Went last year and can’t wait to return, very pretty place. Lovely cafe where we had tea after... read more

Reviewed yesterday
parkers97s
Passion + Knowledge = World Class Garden!

Reviewed September 30, 2018
Mark D

All reviews for sale home made cakes tea room unusual plants flower beds tea shop buy plants plant shop delicious homemade lovely tea enjoyable afternoon totem poles well worth the visit plenty of seats next year my mum walk around
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Pauline and Paul McBride offer fabulous guided tours around their garden. I took my non-gardening other half on the promise of cake and coffee, so he could carry back to the car my purchases! The passion, enthusiasm and clear depth of knowledge from both Paul and Pauline was outstanding and time simply flew by. I would heartily recommend a visit before they close for the winter!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Wow! If you like the prairie look this is the place to visit. It is a stunning collection os huge beds full of grasses of every type, colour and height, together with colour from perennials and sedums, teees and hedges. Dotted around are sculptures and artistic creations. It is a delight all round and the tea shop looked good as well. Well worth a visit - you'll be amazed at how much work must have gone into creating this very unique garden.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

A lovely garden to visit for autumn colours. Once a year they hold a special unusual plant show for plantaholics.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I took my 90 year old mum having read the reviews and we weren’t disappointed. As others quite rightly say it is a different and less formal garden experience.
Stunning plants and loved the small paths through the cultivated areas . its flat so perfect for my mum and parking easy and near the entrance . If I were local I’d definitely buy a season ticket .
The toilets were ok , clean but a bit shed like ok though . I’m the last person to ask about a cafe cake and tea experience as I always think it’s a rip off as I like herbal tea so basically you pay over £2 for a teabag wherever but my mum had a hot chocolate and whilst not luxury it was massive ! The server was very friendly .
Definitely worth a trip .

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

A really different, relaxing garden. Clever planting, informal, with friendly staff, and easy to find.
Not very big but really pleasant to wander around. Plenty of seats and a haven for butterflies and bees.

Date of experience: August 2018