“Excellent service”

Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Thatcham
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We went for the first time as read good reviews and wanted to find a good local Chinese restaurant. We checked the menu online first as one of us is vegetarian. Menu looked good for veggies online. The menu in the restaurant was slightly different and some veggie options not there. However they were happy to make what we wanted. Note to other veggies - let the waiter know you are veggie as we ordered corn cakes (from the thai menu) having had these in many thai restaurnts but these turned out to be pork. A very helpful waiter sorted this straight away with no fuss and recommended an alternative starter which was delicious. Overall food was very nice, excellent service, relaxed atmosphere (restaurant was about half full/thurs eve), and good value. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We've been eating here for many years and never had a bad meal.
The staff are welcoming and take the time to make sure everything is just right. It can get busy, but it is a very good place to eat !

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I had not visited this restaurant for more than 10 years and it was as good as when I last visited. I have given top points for most of the categories because this ace deserves it, the staff, food and general experience is great. The only thing I would like to see is a freshening up, paintwork is looking tired and dull. But overall this is a great place, I wasn't keen o. The chicken, but was told by staff it gets blanched before stir frying and that's why it's so soft, I prefer chicken to have a slight bite! Next time I would ask to swop the chicken for a pork dish on the set menu, but that's just a personal taste. I can't understand why I have bypassed this place for do long!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

As this restaurant had received so many great reviews and everyone in the area raves about it, we thought we would try the Szechuan Inn, as we are lovers of this style of cuisine.

The restaurant does get very busy and the service is very efficient but is a little impersonal due to the restaurant being so busy. The food is very good and there are some variations on the menu that are a welcome change as is the choice of two menus, a Thai menu and the Szechuan menu.

Overall the Szechuan Inn offers good food at very reasonable prices, however it lacks the wow factor. We will go back but it would not be for a while as there are other eating establishment in the area that out shine the Szechuan Inn.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

First visit and certainly not last!! Above average, very good food fast and friendly service. Will definitely be going back!