Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Booked 8 Dives with DiveTech as First Time Divers!

Loved Jo and her team! They were professional, patient, and extremely helpful. My wife and I were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JeffM031961
Loveland, Ohio, USA
Great diving!

Great shore diving and very knowledgeable staff. They were very helpful pointing out where to go... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Capt_Rons_Diving
Norristown, Pennsylvania

All reviews lighthouse point dive tech shore diving dive shop dive sites grand cayman scooter dive light house dive staff great diving main wall technical divers open water dives night dive rental equipment spent a week dive experience
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Used to be a very reliable shop to address technical needs for certified divers. New management apparently decided to only provide services for divers that will only be using their boats, which effectively limits the available choices for shore dives and other activities they might not be able to accommodate at the time.

Management response:Responded July 1, 2017

Hi Fernando,

Im sorry to see this is your view of our policy. This change in management happened about 2 years ago and our policies and services have always been the same and are focused on the customers safety. We are a very reliable shop that addresses all levels of Technical needs to our customers.

We are more than happy to support your rebreather diving from shore or boat at Divetech, in fact you were signed up to do a guided shore dive with us and offered unlimited shore diving on your rebreather from our shore location at Lighthouse Point, I really don't see anywhere in the e-mail chain that you were told you had to boat dive with us in order to get rebreather support. We also could have hooked you up with one of our rebreather Instructors to take you on other shore dives around the island if you had wanted. No need to dive from our boats, we actually encourage shore diving on rebreathers as the shore diving in Grand Cayman is ideal for long rebreather dives, recreational and technical.

We, and just about all other operators, do not allow tanks to be taken off site, 80's, 63's doubles, 2l, 3l....whatever they might be. This is not a new policy and has been around for a very long time.

Divetech has made a significant investment in our infrastructure to support CCR diving, from the equipment to the qualified staff with the proper training from the gas blending to the diving side of it. We made this investment to provide additional services to our customers so they can safely enjoy all levels of rebreather diving and also offers an incentive to dive with us. All operators are required by CITA (who have guidelines written out) to have qualified staff as well as safety equipment on shore and on the boats if there is CCR diving going on, all of which Divetech adheres to and most other shops on the island can not adhere to. Your safety is our main concern and having you take our equipment to another operator that can not follow the safety guidelines and will not have staff familiar with rebreathers in the event of an emergency is something we are not comfortable with.

Divetech has an amazing shore diving site right on our front door, as well as rebreather guides that can take you to any shore site on island, as well as boats that run daily out to the walls, reefs and wrecks. We can provide any and all equipment and gases for any level of rebreather diving you wish to do as well as accommodate open circuit diving at the same time, we can do it all!

As you have not actually stayed with us before I would encourage you to stop by on your visit to Grand Cayman and check out our facility, give our shore site a try, and you will see we are not limiting anything and have endless support for all different levels of diving as well as things to do for non-divers. Enjoy your time in Grand Cayman!

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Divetech is an awesome operation. I had been suffering from fogging my mask since a trip to Islamorada. One of the DM's mentioned i might be breathing though my nose. Sure enough this was my issue all the time. Sometimes these criticisms cans seem blunt.I have hundreds of dives. However is you listen to the voice of experience, it will pay off. I will be back next year and willl be LOL bring my own tanks. Dive tech also has aluminum 100's , so if you suck air, that is an option. Great operation!

Reviewed June 25, 2017

Divetech is a great dive operation of dedicated staff, safe equipment rental, in an awesome environment. We spent a week diving with them and the diving was great! They provide excellent service to both recreational divers and technical divers. They offer a diversity of training opportunities, and provide daily boat dives, wreck dives and unlimited shore dives.

Travel: we traveled easily from Miami, Florida. We used Cayman Airways, which allows each passenger two check-in bags (up to 55lbs each) per passenger - obviously, this is very convenient when you are on a dive vacation. Cayman Airways staff are friendly, helpful and appreciative (a real gem, compared to other carriers we have used in the Caribbean). The main airport is clean and efficient with no delays. It is undergoing a major construction face lift, but this did not detract from our travel experience.

Getting around: We rented a car (Alamo - inexpensive, great staff, brand new car) for the entire week, shopped locally (standard supermarket close to the Lighthouse Point location) for breakfast and lunch items, and for dinner: we ate out at several of the excellent restaurants within easy driving distance from our condo.

Accommodations: We chose to rent one of the condos at their Lighthouse Point location in order to avoid the crowds at the Holiday Inn. This gave us easy, daily access to shore diving in the afternoon. The photos on their website accurately reflect the layout: two bedrooms, large living and dining area, two bathrooms, and a large (fully stocked) kitchen. There was plenty of room for our camera and rebreather equipment. Read about the eco-friendly nature of this remarkable building. The divers that stayed at the Holiday Inn, reported that they were very happy with their accommodations (cost, convenience, food) as well.

Diving: we chose to make two boat dives every morning - an easy 10minute van ride from Light House Point to Morgan's Harbor where they keep their boats. We met at the shop every morning where the staff organized loading gear and tanks. Traveling as a group allowed us to get to know the staff and other divers. The two boat dives were always on the north wall - beautiful. In the afternoon, after lunch, we made daily 90 minute (rebreather) shore dives from Light House Point. There are two walls (one is in about 70fsw and the other, drops down to the abyss. This is an easy swim from the dive shop. We traveled with our rebreathers, and they provided us with everything we needed to dive our units. All the other divers in our daily group were open circuit recreational divers, and they seemed equally happy with their gear rentals and overall experience as well. Due to weather (wind), we were not able to make a dive on the wreck of the Kittywake on this trip.

Dive conditions: occasional surface currents were noted, but at depth, there was virtually no current. Visibility varied from 40-80fsw. Water temperature was 81F. There are no drift dives: the boat is buoyed for all dives. Wall diving is king on Grand Cayman. Very similar to the kind of dives we have done on Sal Salvador (Bahamas) Providenciales (Turks and Caicos) and Cozumel. Lots of life on the reef crest, with the typical sponges and corals creating the vertical structure of the walls. There are several swim-throughs and small caverns. We did not see a great abundance or diversity of large animals: turtles, eagle rays,shools of jacks, sting rays and occasional Caribbean reef sharks. But not in the abundance that we have seen before on Grand Cayman at this time of year.

Staff: the entire staff was friendly, hard working and seemed very dedicated to the business. Joanne (Jo) runs this operation very well and clearly loves what she is doing, because it showed in every aspect of our experience. Several of the staff are skilled tech divers and instructors and everyone appeared to be attentive to our needs and safety.

As frequent world dive travelers, we were very happy with our overall experience at Divetech. Finding rebreather-friendly dive shops is a challenge. They measured up in every way.

2  Thank Thunderball5
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Hard to mix customer service, professionalism, and fun but Divetech does it every day with ease. From the second you get there they make you feel comfortable and eager for what the day will bring. Very knowledgable and prepared. Will only dive with them when I go to the Caymans. Thx for the awesome vacation!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed June 20, 2017

I did my advanced dive & rescue classes with this group and really enjoyed my 3 instructors. They are a very solid group that takes diving serious and yet fun too. I'm working toward my dive master certification and feel they have truly helped me learn important things for this. The area of their main resort has amazing dive experiences & I would encourage all divers to do a night dive. My husband & I did our first night dive here and promise it won't be our last! Thanks to all who helped me get closer to my goal!

Date of experience: June 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction