Tripadvisor
West Bay
Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Booked 8 Dives with DiveTech as First Time Divers!

Loved Jo and her team! They were professional, patient, and extremely helpful. My wife and I were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JeffM031961
Loveland, Ohio, USA
Great diving!

Great shore diving and very knowledgeable staff. They were very helpful pointing out where to go... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Capt_Rons_Diving
Norristown, Pennsylvania

All reviews lighthouse point dive tech shore diving dive shop dive sites grand cayman scooter dive light house dive staff great diving main wall technical divers open water dives night dive rental equipment spent a week dive experience
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2017

April 2017 - we just returned from the Caymans. We went down with the specific purpose of getting our 10 & 11 year old girls PADI certified. Our girls did the online diving course at the recommendation of Divetech and then did the two day course and dives with Divetech. Mark was their instructor and was amazing. I have read some of the reviews stating they are not as "friendly" as they could be, I do not agree. A lot of the instructors are British or European and it is simply a cultural difference I suspect. The instructors, Mark in particular, were extremely professional and thorough. Our girls know more about diving than their parents. More importantly, they too loved working with Mark and Divetech. Mark even bestowed his knowledge on us and helped us as we tagged along with our girls' qualifying dives. I had not dove in many years so his knowledge and assistance was very welcomed. We also dove the Kittiwake with Divetech after our girls were certified. It was a highlight of the trip. In addition to our 10 & 11 year olds, we have a 7 year old daughter. She was snubaing (snorkelling with a regulator instead of a snorkel) above us and loved it. Marie and Kim were her instructors (on different days) and they could not have been nicer with her. I cannot say enough to recommend Divetech. They made this trip very memorable as we spent a lot of our time with them.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I had never been Scuba diving before, was a little nervous as well. The instructor I had was named Marie, and she was great. Explained everything clearly, very experienced, and made sure I was comfortable before the dive which really helped. The dive itself was a great experience saw a lot of fish, coral, and the underwater statue. It was an experience I will never forget and highly recommend Marie and Divetech if you are in the Cayman Islands and are interested in scuba diving.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

After many years absent from diving I was thrilled to have the opportunity to dive in the Caymans.

Dive Tech was recommended from a number of people so I booked a checkout shore dive and a wreck dive on the ex-USS Kittiwake. I later learned how iconic Dive Tech is in Grand Cayman and how crucial and influential they are in advocating for responsible diving and in bringing the Kittiwake to its final resting spot as an artificial reef.

Joanna helped me set things up through email on short notice and offered to pick me up.

Dive 1 was a shore dive from their shop. Lots of fish and coral and even a giant underwater statue gave me lots to take in.

Dive 2 was a boat dive just minutes from their shop to visit the Kittiwake, a retired US submarine rescue vessel that was brought to Grand Cayman in large part through the efforts the original owner of Dive Tech.

My gear (I rented everything) was ready for me on the boat. There was lots of room to get ready and move around.

After a safety briefing and a short history lesson we were in the water. Joanna lead my group throughout the wreck taking time to let us take it all in. Lots of fish, even a barracuda or two!

Big thanks to Joanna, Kim and Tony. If you're going to dive in the Caymans (and you should), go with Dive Tech!

Reviewed April 17, 2017

My group of technical rebreather divers dove an entire week with DiveTech. They provided necessary CCR and bailout tanks and provided necessary Trimix gases. Great Wall diving in front of their facility but they also provide boat dives.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

Very experienced crew of dive masters and well equipped outfit.

However, on my first dive with them, I noticed that the dive master actually came onto the boat BEFORE the rest of the divers. A big no-no in my book, especially for those with not as many dives logged in as of yet. They weren't as friendly or encouraging as other outfits I've used in the past on other islands because it seems that they cater more to the more experienced diver. That's fine, but it was our first time on the island and they really should say so on their marketing collateral. There was one female divemaster who was a bit of a airhead, no pun intended, that provided blank stares when we asked her questions.

On another note, I really did like Steve as a divemaster and the owner Jo, though reticent, was great and was much appreciative of the business.

The free unlimited shore diving that came with the 3+ days was a bonus. The dive fees were a 25% more than other dive shops like Living the Dream but I wonder if the latter catered more to tourists.

In any case, I'd probably go back to Dive Tech again despite the safety mishap on my first dive --- maybe it was a one-off, I hope. I liked the shop, I liked most of the people, who were not THAT friendly, but were real.

1  Thank QueenElle