“Seriously, its that good!”
Review of Heritage Kitchen

Heritage Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Local Cayman food at it's very best. Recommended by all who have eaten there. Written up as the place to go to in the Cayman Islands by the New York Times.Heritage Kitchen lies snuggled next to Boggy Sands Road in West Bay, serving some of the best local food.Fresh fish fry, fritters and fish tea are some of the most popular dishes.Diners eat at wooden tables outside the tiny restaurant or can sit on the sea wall a few feet away and watch the waves.The restaurant is behind the Heritage shopping centre at the four-way stop.Open Wed/Thu until 8pm,Fri/Sat until 10 pm and Sunday until 8 pm which is our Barbeque Day!
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Unbelievable meal. I had seen this place before my trip, the reviews all seemed good. In reality, it was the best meal of my trip. The women that run this place are clean and polite. We ordered conch fritters. I must say that I had never had them before, but what I got was excellent. They bring them with tartar sauce, I recommend the hot sauce that is on the table. My husband got coconut grouper and I got cayman style mahi. Both were served with yellow rice, plantains, salad, and a very interesting and flavorful fried yeast bread. Everything was delicious. The scotch bonnet hot sauce was some of the best I have had. I love the island style food and it is seated on one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen. Bonus, his meal only cost about US$30.00.

1  Thank MimiR030113
There are newer reviews for Heritage Kitchen

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great service, great food, great prices, great views. Need I say more?! This place stood out as the best meal I had during a weeks stay in Cayman. It was also the cheapest! I ordered the lobster Cayman style and would really reccomend it. Huge chunks of meat and so fresh. Great sides too and tasty hot sauce. My friend had a fish dish and that was of an equally high standard. The location is also of the tourist strip so has a lovely relaxed feel to the area. Don't miss it!

1  Thank hcb81
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My dive guide suggested this place if you wanted the best local seafood on the island and that was right on. They do have very strange hours but after you have a meal at this place you'll want to come back day after day. I ordered the Cayman Grouper also per his suggestion and it was an absolute HIT !!!!!! My friend had the Cocunut Mahi Mahi and I ended up eating half of her dish as well. The place is tucked away back in a alley at the 4 way stop on the West End of the island it is kinda hard to find if you havent been there. We got there when they were just opening and they had Seafood Gumbo on the menu but it wasnt ready yet which really disappointed me cause it smelled so good and I was really looking forward to it but still everything else about this place was a complete hit. If you want a perfect, simple, delicious meal on the island check this place out. But do make sure you check the hour's I believe it was Wed-Fri 6am-6pm and then Sat-Sun was 10-10 I'm not 100% sure but that seems to ring a bell to me.

1  Thank Seasterberg
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ordered a family meal from Heritage Kitchen during our visit to Grand Cayman in April 2013. We all ordered the grouper special and it was fresh and delicious. We ordered to-go so I cannot comment on service, but we only had to wait a few minutes for our to-go order.

The staff was friendly and attentive.

We will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Dennis K
Reviewed May 8, 2013

After reading the great reviews, we had dinner our first night in Grand Cayman at Heritage Kitchen.
It did not disappoint. The grouper was so fresh and the sauce (Cayman style-tomatoes and onions) was delicious.
Boyfriend had coconut grouper and he was equally happy with his dinner. About $12.50 for the platter. We were just
about the only diners there although it was a Saturday night. Probably busier in the winter months. "Waterfront" dining.

1  Thank Conciergefn