“Awesome lunch.”

Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Local Cayman food at it's very best. Recommended by all who have eaten there. Written up as the place to go to in the Cayman Islands by the New York Times.Heritage Kitchen lies snuggled next to Boggy Sands Road in West Bay, serving some of the best local food.Fresh fish fry, fritters and fish tea are some of the most popular dishes.Diners eat at wooden tables outside the tiny restaurant or can sit on the sea wall a few feet away and watch the waves.The restaurant is behind the Heritage shopping centre at the four-way stop.Open Wed/Thu until 8pm,Fri/Sat until 10 pm and Sunday until 8 pm which is our Barbeque Day!
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We finally got to stop there today for lunch and it was wonderful. I had the Hawaiian grouper and my husband had the Cayman style grouper. We also ordered the Conch fritters. All I can say is so far the best food we have had on the island. Even though we are going home Saturday we are going to try and go back tomorrow too.

1  Thank Millydew

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Sounds like a few folks hit them on an off day, but we had a great recent experience at Heritage Kitchen. Took the bus up from Seven Mile beach. Had the Wahoo, the Conch Fritters and the soup (split among two people). MORE than enough food. The pepper sauce on the tables is delicious. Our fish was fresh and done perfectly. The view is lovely, but somehow we enjoyed it more being in such relaxed surroundings. The atmosphere is very basic. Just plastic chairs an some picnic tables. The mamma chicken and her babies wandering around adds to the feel. If you are looking for some gourmet experience, I can see how you'd be disappointed, but if you are looking for good local flavor and personable service, this is worth the quick trip.

1  Thank Julie J
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This little beachfront shack USED to be the place to go for good quality fresh local food. It is now under mew management, the food is terrible, fish frozen and prices sky high. If you're looking for good local food head to Grapre tree cafe or Vivines kitchen.

4  Thank PBodden
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I go to Heritage Bay whenever I'm in Grand Cayman, which is about 3 times per year. The whole fried snapper is my favorite. However, last time I went, my fish and my daughter's were dry and hard. My daughter then noticed that they had placed fish in a warmer and were pulling them from there to keep up with demand. I then ordered a new fish and asked to have it fried fresh and it was delicious. Last time there, my wife got the pineapple grouper and it was really good. I love Caribbean food and love the "local" places and this one is good when it's good, but terrible when it's not. I have a soft spot for local fish fry places, so I'll keep going back.

1  Thank CoffeeBuyer
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place is a local dive. Great people but not food. My mahi was marinated in a vinegar sauce and pan seared...overcooked and dry. Served with potato salad, grilled onions and bread fritters. My husband had pan fried grouper with rice. His was similar. Actually we fed the momma hen and her chicks that wandered around our feet more than we ate. All seating outdoors around picnic tables.

1  Thank Tartoe