“Under new bad management”
Review of Heritage Kitchen

Heritage Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Local Cayman food at it's very best. Recommended by all who have eaten there. Written up as the place to go to in the Cayman Islands by the New York Times.Heritage Kitchen lies snuggled next to Boggy Sands Road in West Bay, serving some of the best local food.Fresh fish fry, fritters and fish tea are some of the most popular dishes.Diners eat at wooden tables outside the tiny restaurant or can sit on the sea wall a few feet away and watch the waves.The restaurant is behind the Heritage shopping centre at the four-way stop.Open Wed/Thu until 8pm,Fri/Sat until 10 pm and Sunday until 8 pm which is our Barbeque Day!
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This little beachfront shack USED to be the place to go for good quality fresh local food. It is now under mew management, the food is terrible, fish frozen and prices sky high. If you're looking for good local food head to Grapre tree cafe or Vivines kitchen.

4  Thank PBodden

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I go to Heritage Bay whenever I'm in Grand Cayman, which is about 3 times per year. The whole fried snapper is my favorite. However, last time I went, my fish and my daughter's were dry and hard. My daughter then noticed that they had placed fish in a warmer and were pulling them from there to keep up with demand. I then ordered a new fish and asked to have it fried fresh and it was delicious. Last time there, my wife got the pineapple grouper and it was really good. I love Caribbean food and love the "local" places and this one is good when it's good, but terrible when it's not. I have a soft spot for local fish fry places, so I'll keep going back.

1  Thank CoffeeBuyer
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place is a local dive. Great people but not food. My mahi was marinated in a vinegar sauce and pan seared...overcooked and dry. Served with potato salad, grilled onions and bread fritters. My husband had pan fried grouper with rice. His was similar. Actually we fed the momma hen and her chicks that wandered around our feet more than we ate. All seating outdoors around picnic tables.

1  Thank Tartoe
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had read great reviews about heritage kitchen, so we went there for lunch. The food was fine but nothing special. We will probably skip it next time.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was so excited to go to the Heritage Kitchen because i had read all of the reveiws and love trying all kinds of new and different foods. My wife and I both ordered the coconut grouper because it was there specialty. All it was was a piece of unseasoned cooked fish with onions and coconut on white rice. honestly it was the worst food we had on the island. We stayed for a week and ate out every meal. It does have a great view of the ocean but almost every place on the island has that.

2  Thank Houston B