“Car buff haven!”

Cayman Motor Museum
Ranked #11 of 26 things to do in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cayman Motor Museum, located on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands, is a unique attraction that features some of the world's most special, rare, and one-of-a-kind automobiles.On display are 80 vehicles which collectively provide an historical tour of motoring throughout the world—beginning with the very first automobile ever produced, an 1886 Benz! An exact model of the first vehicle ever to be driven in the Cayman Islands — a 1905 Cadillac — has a place of special prominence in the museum.Of special interest both to children (and “adult children”) is the ultimate crime-fighting vehicle, the original “Batmobile” that squired Batman and Robin around Gotham in the 1960s television show. An exact replica of the “Batcycle” is also on display. Moviegoers will recognize the 1929 Yellow Rolls-Royce that appeared in the movie of the same name, and “royal watchers” will be attracted to the 1956 Daimler DK400, Queen Elizabeth II’s first limousine.Racing and speed aficionados will marvel at the sleek Ferraris (nearly a dozen classics, all in mint condition), Maseratis, Corvettes, and Jaguars. Magnificent Rolls-Royces (including a 1930 “Phantom”) and Bentleys (including Sir Elton John’s 1963 classic) abound, beckoning viewers back to an era of meticulous craftsmanship and unsurpassed luxury.The Museum is a great cruise ship excursion or a great place to spend an afternoon while on vacation to the Cayman Islands. Our gift shop offers unique auto memorabilia and souvenirs to the general public. The Cayman Motor Museum is also available for private functions and special events.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the Cayman Motor Museum on the last day of our Grand Cayman vacation. I'm the atypical woman who loves cars, so this was a fun place to visit for an hour. It's the private collection of a shipping magnate, and his other smaller collections of items such as coffee grinders are also on display. The car models range from the early 1900's to about 2000, and include Ferrari, Bentley, Ford, Oldsmobile, Fiat, and many more, including the original Batmobile! Detailed information accompanies each vehicle. Admission is $15US. A small but well stocked gift shop is in the front. We were the only people there, so crowds were not an issue. My dad and brothers would love this place!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I visited Grand Cayman on our cruise on December 2013. We took the bus (route2) next to the public library near the port to get to the museum, paid USD5 for the two of us. Entrance fee to the museum is USD 15 each. My husband is a big motorsport enthusiast and he really really enjoyed it. Spent about an hour there and then headed off to the beach at the end of the seven mile beach taking the bus just outside the museum. Definitely worth the visit for us.

2  Thank joang_m
Reviewed December 16, 2013

With nothing to do one weekend, we ventured out to the motor museum. We'd skipped this as neither my wife or I are car people - but had a guest in town and thought we'd check it out. When you enter, you enter into a non-descript greeting area with trinkets. But then when you enter the actual museum part, it really is quite an impressive collective - mainly Ferrari's from 50s to date - but plenty of other fun little things to see and look at (original Batmobile etc). Great for teens and worth the quick stop to see - especially on a rainy day.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We just visited Grand Cayman on our cruise. We met up with a great friend of mine who lives there and she took us to this motor museum. Quite an extensive and interesting collection with lots of really lovely cars! My husband is a big motorsport enthusiast and he quite enjoyed it! (I think he was pleasantly surprised actually!) Definitely worth a visit if you are into cars.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Small inside. Slight odor too. Lots of great cars for a personal collection. Wish it was a bigger showroom. These cars are packed in like a can of tuna. Low light also. Would not do it again but was great for once.