“am amazing collection and very nice owners”

Cayman Motor Museum
Ranked #9 of 27 things to do in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cayman Motor Museum, located on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands, is a unique attraction that features some of the world's most special, rare, and one-of-a-kind automobiles.On display are 80 vehicles which collectively provide an historical tour of motoring throughout the world—beginning with the very first automobile ever produced, an 1886 Benz! An exact model of the first vehicle ever to be driven in the Cayman Islands — a 1905 Cadillac — has a place of special prominence in the museum.Of special interest both to children (and “adult children”) is the ultimate crime-fighting vehicle, the original “Batmobile” that squired Batman and Robin around Gotham in the 1960s television show. An exact replica of the “Batcycle” is also on display. Moviegoers will recognize the 1929 Yellow Rolls-Royce that appeared in the movie of the same name, and “royal watchers” will be attracted to the 1956 Daimler DK400, Queen Elizabeth II’s first limousine.Racing and speed aficionados will marvel at the sleek Ferraris (nearly a dozen classics, all in mint condition), Maseratis, Corvettes, and Jaguars. Magnificent Rolls-Royces (including a 1930 “Phantom”) and Bentleys (including Sir Elton John’s 1963 classic) abound, beckoning viewers back to an era of meticulous craftsmanship and unsurpassed luxury.The Museum is a great cruise ship excursion or a great place to spend an afternoon while on vacation to the Cayman Islands. Our gift shop offers unique auto memorabilia and souvenirs to the general public. The Cayman Motor Museum is also available for private functions and special events.
Aledo, Texas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“am amazing collection and very nice owners”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband was tired of the beach thing by the time we got to Cayman. We opted for this museum and an afternoon at Margaritaville. We made the right choice. The folks at the museum were amazing and we went along with the crew from our ship that was on leave for the day. Highly recomended! We loved it so much we are going back with our son and his family. I know my grandson and son will love the batmobile.

Visited April 2012

Florence, Italy
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“incredible cars in Grand Cayman”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

it is the second time I came here, the cars are incredible and many. there is Batman's car also. do not miss it

Visited December 2012
Augusta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Impressive car collection”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This museum is actually a private collection of a Cayman resident who is truly an automobile aficionado. The variety of cars - from the Batmobile to Ferraris to Queen Elizabeth's old ride - will blow you away. I think the only thing that isn't here is the Popemobile! One BIG downside is that the cars, while immaculately maintained, are CRAMMED together - which makes it hard to appreciate them entirely. Having been to the Detroit Auto Show on multiple occasions, my husband and I were disappointed that the cars are not displayed in a more spacious environment. Still, though, it is well worth a visit. On a philosophical note, our visit also made me think about material things and how I would live my life and the good that I could do if I had that kind of money. Anyway, the museum staff were also extremely friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend a visit!! :)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank augustabelle
Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice collection worth a look”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was a little unexpected to find a car museum on the island but it was really good. It turns out that it all one mans collection, and what a collection . Lovely cars in excellent condition . My boyfriend really liked it .it didn't take too long to walk through and each car had its own story. There was a couple of nice little surprises in there to. Definatly worth a look

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Estelle_11
Joplin, Missouri
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend your hot afternoon”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I thought the price a bit high, but once inside we found they had crammed a lot of cars into a small space. We enjoyed it!! Preteens through Senior adults will really enjoy the cars here. Different than most US car museums.

Visited November 2012