Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$141
$120
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
$549
$425
Travelocity
$493
$439
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$263
$174
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)(Great Value!)
$122
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
$589
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$349
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
$159
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$300
$250
$192
All reviewsmeal plandive techshore divingdive staffdive shopgreat divedive vacationvalet divingdive siteson sitethe cottagesgrand caymannon diversall inclusive packagethe wait staffirish bartenderocean front suite
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We spent 10 days at Cobalt Coast on a dive trip with another couple. When we return to Grand Cayman, we will stay here again. We were met by the owner Arie, who got us settled in. All of the staff was great and went out of thier way to be helpful. A special mention to Dora who helped us with a minor glitch (caused by us) and went above and beyond to make it right. We had the meal and drink plan while there. The food was very good and we felt no need to eat elsewhere. We had a dive package through the onsite dive shop Dive Tech. We have seen a lot of different dive operations, and they are very competent. The resort is on the north side of the island which tends to get windy. I say this because the shore diving of the fron pier may not be available every day, but it is worth diving if you can. If it is windy you can see if the "lighthouse" site is open and the shop will drive you over there for a shore dive if you have a package through them. Otherwise, expect having to do boat dives, but the travel time is not bad.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
CobaltCoast, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear guest, You know all of our weak spots when you stay for 10 days, that’s why I am very pleased that you speak so well of the staff. I know they work very hard at complimenting your stay. You experienced the Premium Drink Package with three Meals every day, combined with your dive-package, which truly offers you the best value. We think that our operation combined with the staff at Divetech makes for a dive vacation made in heaven. You experienced some choppy days out front during your stay, and that’s why we pointed you to our other shore dive location at Lighthouse Point, a bit over a mile from here along the West shore. I guess when you ofare from Minnesota (meaning winters) not much can stand in your way of a great dive vacation and I like to thank you for choosing our resort. Arie

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The owner Arie is one of the best people I met in what is known as West Bay. I spent much time on the island years back and his resort really offers the Cayman experience.

If you want a great time at a reasonable price, I highly suggest making a reservation. I am not an employee and not talking it up for any reason other than is serenity. I lived in Cayman as a kid and frankly, if you are on the west bay area, it is as close as you can get to how it was. Not clutter, very clean environment and the water is as clear as a pool.

Helen, a dive instructor is wonderful as is the rest of the staff. It really brought me back to how things were. I highly suggest giving it a go. You won't be disappointed! Its a smaller in with a wonderful dining facility and bar. Their dive shop and crew are top notch.

If you want to get away but be taken care of at the same time, I highly suggest making a reservation! If you wish to explore the island, you may wish to rent a car which can be had for around 45US per day but do keep in mind, gas is about 8.50US.

Room Tip: Any room is great. Arie ensures a top notch service and that all rooms are their own retreat. I again, I was just a guest, not an employee but was more than thrilled with both the owner and the staff! You will be as well.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest, I arrived in Grand Cayman about 19 years ago with the plan to build and operate a B & B. So the idea got out of hand and we now offer a 20 room full service resort and scuba diving center. We always meant to compliment our host country and for Caymanians to be proud of our Resort as well. Thanks for your kind comments. I trust we both believe we have found an Island Treasure..........Arie

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I took my 20 year old son and we stayed in the spacious Ocean Front One Bedroom Suite and the room was clean with two beds in the bedroom and a foldout couch in the living room. The meal plan we booked included lunch and dinner and the food was very good, with a daily special for dinners. Buffet breakfast was quite adequate, and Ari's congenial personality radiated throughout the entire staff. What a happy, happy place!!!! The staff were just the friendliest and most accommodating of any I have ever had the pleasure to know.

The dive operator onsite, Divetech, was a very professional and organized operation compared to many others we have experienced. They didn't tell you exactly where you were going to dive on any given day, since they would decide that on the weather conditions the day of the dive. We didn't do the wreck dive, or any shore diving, but we did Sting Ray City on our last day and that was fantastic. The 8 dives we did do had several large groupers, moray eels, turtles, and large barracuda that would follow us around.

We spent a total of ten nights here and encountered many different types of tourists. Some where hard core divers, some were getting certified, some were snorkeling, and some were mixing it up with trips into town. Some couples had one diver and one non-diver and they all seemed to be very satisfied. There were even couples with small children who just seemed to be there to relax. It was a nice mix of people from all over the world, with the majority of them coming from the colder parts of the USA.

82 degrees the whole time we were there and the wind never was over 20 mph, averaging about 8 mph, which would allow for diving a short 10 minute ride away if the wind was up on our side of the island. 7 mile beach was a $2.50 bus ride away if you want miles of relatively uncrowded white sand beach.

Thank you Ari and Dora and all the great staff for making our stay a memorable one indeed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest, Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your stay at our resort with the world. Little I can add. When I read about all the special creatures you observed underwater I wonder, is this Disneyland? But no, this is like a reality TV show, right at our front door. Your comments about the staff are shared with them and posted on our notice board. Thanks for motivating all of us and thanks for taking the time to write. Arie

Reviewed January 29, 2013

If your looking for a remote resort where you can kick back and relax then this is it. Cobalt has a dive shop on grounds. Being on the north end the water was too rough for any snorkeling. From the number of divers coming and going Cobalt looked like a great home base. The food is very good and they provide several reasonable meal plans.Dora goes out of her way to make sure your happy. We were just looking to be close to seven mile beach for snorkeling and town so it was not the location for us. Very clean and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The accomodations were lovely. Ari and staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good. Easy access to reefs from site. Only one experience with Dive Tech for shore dive and equipment rental and attendant was a little 'salty'. Overall a good experience and would recommend Cobalt Coast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CobaltCoast, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear guest, I am thankful that you chose our resort as for your first dive vacation in 2013 and that you experienced our exciting house reef while shore diving. I wished I had learned about your exchange with one of our staff members earlier, because we want to be understood and provide good service all the time and I do apologize for us not being perfect. I still hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, maybe next year? Arie