Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$175
$162
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
$467
$425
$349
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$263
$130
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)(Great Value!)
$122
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
$861
Travelocity
$412
$369
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$231
$171
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$300
$250
All reviewsmeal plandive techshore divingdive staffdive shopgreat divedive vacationvalet divingdive siteson sitethe cottagesgrand caymannon diversall inclusive packagethe wait staffirish bartenderocean front suite
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I returned from our most recent visit to Cobalt Coast last night and even though there is lots to do to re-enter the "real world" I just couldn't delay writing my review. We have visited Grand Cayman 10 times and this is our 6th or 7th stay at Cobalt. We have never stayed anywhere else since discovering Cobalt the year it opened.
The hotel is intimate, very relaxed and homey; one of the reasons we enjoy it so much is because it feels like we are visiting family. Arie, the owner, is the model of a concerned, genial host; he, Dora and his staff will do anything they can to make your visit memorable. We always stay in the ocean front suites and they have been clean, very attractive and quiet. We love having early morning coffee on the veranda outside our room overlooking the Caribbean.
I highly recommend taking advantage of the meal plan, and I have to say that while the food has been good in the past, it was truly excellent this time. We travel very extensively on business and would certainly rank the food quality, preparation and variety with the top restaurants - on or off the island. In fact, on this trip we visited one highly-rated Georgetown restaurant for dinner and while good, it was certainly no better than Cobalt's restaurant and very expensive, to boot. Cobalt's restaurant/bar features both a covered and al-fresco section. Breakfast is buffet style, perfect both for divers who are looking to get out early on the boat as well as for those who get to sleep in. It is a great pleasure to enjoy extremely fresh seafood for dinner (including nightly specials) which are beautifully presented and at the peak of flavor. Service is very good, relaxed but prompt, and after a long day diving it is wonderful just to relax at dinner with a cocktail, enjoying the sea breeze and the sound of the waves.
Our five days of diving were perfect. One of the benefits of Cobalt is the availability of shore diving right off the dock. There are certainly times when it isn't possible to dive there, given wind and wave conditions, but we enjoyed pretty calm seas and little current and had a memorable night dive our last day. Our daytime dives were from the boat, and the sea conditions made for great north side and west bay diving. Cobalt's on-site partner DiveTech (which I will review separately) is staffed by very professional, enthusiastic dive masters who know the best locations, are very knowledgeable about the sites and the marine life, and cheerfully handle all levels of skills (although selfishly I was happy that most of our diving companions were experienced, enabling us to get to some sites that novice divers might not have been as comfortable with).
And finally - for those who just can't fully get away from work, the internet made it possible to stay connected. Enough said!
In conclusion, you just can't beat a vacation spent in the best resort with the best dive operator!
We often say we should expand our diving "universe" to other locales like Belize or Bonaire, but we just can't justify it when we know we will have a wonderful trip to Cobalt Coast. Thanks to Arie and his staff, Kim and Ms. Sherma, the Easterbrooks and DiveTech for helping make our annual trek to Grand Cayman perfect. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Get the ocean-front suite if you can - second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jhip
CobaltCoast, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear guest, I did not really know what to say after reading your review. Waited a few days and now it appears to be many months. Thank you so much for your most detailed account of your experience. Sometimes I wished I could travel and experience a similar place and then I pinch myself because I already found the spot. Hope you keep us on your list for maybe next year?

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Because this is an island where everything is imported, even the dirt, Grand Cayman can be very expensive. But for the avid diver or snorkeler, and for the rest of us, Cobalt Coast provides a cost effective, top notch resort experience.

Located in West Bay, on the northwest coast of Grand Cayman, the resort is only slightly removed from the bustle of Seven Mile Beach. There are a variety of rooms and cottages. If you want to grill out, there is a deck and dining facilities right there. Resort meals are just right too - not too fancy and not too plain. The cost of eating at the resort is lower than going out, and the food is creative and delicious.

Arie and Dora greet each guest and see to your comfort and experience. The local bus is within a short walk of your room, you can swim and dive right off the dock, and DiveTech is right on the property. Excursions can be arranged. There is live music on the weekends, but not too late in the evening. Sunsets around the pool are lovely.

My friend and I were treated to an extremely pleasant and relaxing stay. Cobalt Coast is a great place for the rest of us.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. Cottages are just across the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank summerleallc
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great resort away from 7Mile Beach with a great diving experience at your door step. A little quiet and away from things when you are ready to plug back in ($25 taxi each way) but when you are a Cobalt Coast, you are well taken care of.
Food is very good- plenty and good quality. Service is good. Rooms are clean. Arie and staff are very accomodating.
Cayman's are an expensive dive option compared to all the other great choices, but if we go back to CI we will definitely stay at Cobalt Coast and dive with DiveTech.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank COtraveller69

Dear guest, You are correct to point out that the Cayman Island experience can be costly, mainly because of the exchange of the Cayman Island dollar. There is a fixed exchange at US$1.25 for one Cayman dollar. But if we can offer real price value to you, while you experience our resort, you might just go home feeling that you had made the right travel plan, feeling good about the trip. Thanks for sharing your experience with "the world".

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Reason for selecting this hotel was it had a dive center on site. Perfect for scuba divers.

Check in
The manager Arie, recieves all new guests very pleasant touch to get a welcome from the managment. Very quick and perfect.

Room
Nice clean and spacious. Bathroom clean.
TV is old but good selection of channels.
I had the ocean view room; which was brilliant.
Sleep quality was great; I would knock out and wasnt disturbed till I woke up.

Restaurant.
I was offered an all inclusive but for the price I just eat at the restaurant. Food was good; Raju was great and attentive.

Breakfast not a massive selection but nice and warm food.

Location.
Not great but far out. But a couple of minutes walk you can catch a mini bus into town for $2. I really enjoyed as you get to mingle with the locals.

Overall
Great resort. Its not a 5 star hotel but a very well run friendly resort and would highly recommend. Arie is very tentative to all guests. He really does go out of his way to help you.

I was on a solo diving trip and really did enjoy was really relaxing at the resort.

Room Tip: Try getting the ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Usman M
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Cobalt Coast is a lovely hotel, more like an Inn. Arie, the proprietor, is on site all the time, assisted by Dora, making sure that your stay is everything you want it to be. The accommodations are suitable for families, groups or couple, and especially good if you enjoy scuba diving, with Divetech right there. Meals are more than adequate; not a huge variety, but enough that you can happily eat there without having to go elsewhere for meals. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: No fitness centre, but a great Dive Shop is on site
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear guest, Laid back just as you would want resting from a great dive, listening to Bob Marley music and planning your next venture under water. Maybe not so laid back behind the scene (considering my Dutch heritage) but the impression we made on you was a good one and that makes me feel good. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Looking forward to have you back next year.