Review Highlights
Amazing day trip with Captain Jon and Oscar

This is our third time to book a trip with Mainstay Sailing and once again, Jon exceeded our... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
abswiltex
Midland, Texas
Amazing!!!

There were four of us on the catamaran for a four hour tour. All I can say was it was amazing!!! Al... read more

Reviewed January 24, 2019
dianep510
Dalton Gardens, Idaho
via mobile

All reviews captain john sailing catamaran starfish point stingray city day trip sail home three families big fun splash pool grand cayman rum point highlight of our trip an absolute blast hour tour feed the stingrays took great care great pictures
Reviewed January 26, 2015

This was our family's second trip with Captain Jon and his crew. We booked a 1/2 day of fun the week of Christmas 2014. It was the BEST day of our Christmas vacation. The Enchantress is a beautifully maintained catamaran. Captain Jon and his crew took great care in making our trip comfortable and extremely memorable. We enjoyed chatting with Jon throughout our fun filled day and hearing great stories about him and his family. We enjoyed sailing, swimming with the stingrays, snorkeling and jumping off the boat. Mainstay Sailing is a very family friendly atmosphere. If you want to swim with the stingrays avoid the crowds and go with Mainstay Sailing.

Date of experience: December 2014
2  Thank Jen D
Reviewed January 15, 2015

We chartered Mainstay on the 31st December 2014. I live in the Cayman Islands and had family visiting for Christmas and New Years so I really wanted to impress. Jon and his first mate Oscar did not let me down. Prompt to respond to all my questions, easy to book, great value, amazing client service. Champers was served promptly at midnight and we had the best seat in the house for the fireworks.

I whole heatedly recommend Jon and Mainstay Sailing for all of your stingray, sail, cruise trips whilst visiting Grand Cayman. Consider this review and your local, insider tip and call Jon!

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed August 7, 2014

From the moment we contacted Jon everything went really well. Jon, Oscar and David made our whole day excursion extremely fun and entertaining. From stingray city to starfish point to snorkling, riding a wave runner, tubing and jumping off the boat and everything in between this day was great. Jon was a great captain and made sure that our entire party of 12 had a great time each and ever minute of our trip. Oscar and David were funny, caring and extremely courteous to our entire party. They really made everyone feel comfortable and safe. I would recommend this sailing outfit to anyone interested in a fun, safe and truly memorable day. I told Jon we would see him again next year. This day was the highlight of our 8 day vacation. Thank you - Jon, Oscar and David.

Frank C and guests

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the start of our communication in Kansas City, Missouri I knew this was going to be an amazing experience. Jon gave us all the details of what was needed, and I knew it was going to be laid back and relaxing! He captained the boat with ease and told great stories while doing it. First Mate Oscar is a native and also was an awesome resource for the area. Both made our activities of snorkeling, swimming with the Stingrays, sailing, and enjoying local fare loved by all. The kids had a blast with the swing, water balloons, and cold water Powerblasters!!!
The experience...priceless...thanks guys!

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wow, what a fabulous day with Captain Jon and Oscar.... we give these guys and the Mainstay an A++ and recommend it to ANYONE looking for a great day..... sailing, snorkeling, stingrays, starfish, a coupla barracudas, spotted a couple lobsters - Connie's first time snorkeling and she LOVED it. Great day, thanks guys for the hospitality and thanks for Fidel's best! Cheers, see you next year!!!

Date of experience: June 2014