“Honeysuckle beach trail ride Grand Cayman”
Review of Honeysuckle Beach Trail Rides - CLOSED

Honeysuckle Beach Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: This beach trail ride takes you along one of Caymans unspoiled beaches while the sun rays shine gently on your skin.For an hour you can walk or trot,depending on your ability.Finally turning around at the mangrove forest,and heading back to the corral.Weather depending you can walk your horse in the surf.We try to keep the weight limit to 225 lbs.Don't miss this chance to enjoy this relaxing beach horse ride.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was by far the worst excursion/attraction I have ever experienced. The guide, Perry, was extremely rude to me (but not my husband) the second he picked us up at the port. Once we arrived at the ranch, there was no instruction as to how to mount, steer, stop, dismount, etc. My feet did not come close to touching the stirrups so I asked him to adjust the buckle so they would touch. He told me there was no way to do it and I'd have to just ride like that. I told him he could just flip it through the loop to shorten it and he refused. He then said, "you don't want to go, then get off." I told him I still wanted to go but I just wasn't comfortable with my feet not touching the stirrups (I have been taking riding lessons the last few months and knew they could be adjusted). He argued with me for a few minutes and told me that I was rude. at that point I said that I was not going to go (my husband was already on his horse in line and did not hear or see any of this). He told me I'd have to wait for them to return from the ride (1 1/2 hrs) if I wanted them to drive my husband and I back to port. The drive took about 25 minutes to get there and was in the middle of nowhere. While hearing this news, another rider said she wasn't going to go either and got off her horse. She said he was also being very rude to her. After 15 minutes of waiting, Perry told another guide to drive us back. As we were walking away, words were exchanged between Perry and the other customer, in which Perry yelled, "You're not in America ladies!! Needless to say, all three of us told the Royal Caribbean customer relations dept what happened and they did give us a full refund. However we lost nearly 2 hrs of the day dealing with this horrible place. I would highly recommend finding another ranch in Grand Cayman. DO PATRONIZE THIS FACILITY!!!

5  Thank Jkuhlmann

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a wonderful experience for everyone. The horses were extremely well cared for, and well mannered. The beach was private and peaceful. My husband who has never been on a horse even loved it. I recommend going in the morning when it's cooler and the sun is not so hot.

2  Thank JenD1973
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've been to Cayman several times and each time I make sure to go horseback riding at Honeysuckle. The trails have amazing views and the guide, Troy makes it comfortable and fun. It's very relaxing!!

2  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Beautiful beach, gentle horses, and helpful guide made this a great experience. Thank you to Honeysuckle and Rico, our guide, for making it happen!

2  Thank liliwarka
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I were in Grand Cayman for 8 days and partook in tons of activities out there but this was by far the best. Troy picked us up from our hotel himself, picked out horses to best suit us, and made this a very memorable experience. The horses were in great condition, he doesn't take any of them out more than once a day, and it seemed like he genuinely cared about their health. I took riding lessons for a couple of years so he let me go ahead to trot and canter on and off. We went out into the ocean to swim with the horses and it was so beautiful, Troy was pointing out all of the stingrays in the water and talking to us about the history of the island. He even took photos for us! Overall this was the best experience of my trip and the next time my family and I go to Grand Cayman we'll make sure to stop by and go for another ride with Honeysuckle.

-Devon, visited August 1, 2012