“Excellant”

Dolphin Cove Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Encounter Program: This program is specifically designed for young children, non- swimmers and those keen to get an up close encounter with a dolphin. Guests stand waist high in the water and interact with the dolphins. You will get to touch, kiss, dance, sing and learn all sorts of fascinating facts about your dolphin. The dolphins will also perform some high energy behaviors guaranteed to thrill and delight. No minimum age – however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by one adult per child. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult). Dolphin Swim Program You will receive a life vest before getting into the deep water, where guests will get to interact, touch, kiss and enjoy an up close experience. You will get a thrill out of our famous belly rides, where you ride belly to belly with one of our amazing dolphins. At the end of your program, see your dolphins fly high in the air with their spectacular jumps. Minimum age 5 years or older and must be strong swimmers– however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by an adult. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult).
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Gregory, Michigan
“Excellant”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My Family and I had a blast at the dolphin cove. I would recommend others to visit this attraction when visiting the Cayman Islands. It was money well spent. My children were amazed that they were able to kiss and touch the dolphins. They will never forget this experience! Thanks to all the great staff.

Los Angeles, CA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Complete Waste of Time”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I made reservations for this place weeks in advance. we arrived ON TIME, then proceeded to wait for almost an hour for their own boat of other tourists to arrive. Meanwhile, we had a cruise ship to get back to. Needless to say, their timing is so bad we had to get a refund - about the only thing they can do well!! I would recommend going to the other dolphin exhibit. People we talked to seemed to do fine at the other place.

2 Thank Barneyboones
lovetravel0001, General Manager at Dolphin Cove Cayman, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Wow, we are really sorry we screwed the pouch with the transportation. We have no excuse. The team dropped the ball - and we are sorry.

Should you ever return to our little island we owe you a lobster dinner...

Again let me say sorry for the screw up.

Neil
New York
“Loved it”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

To be right in the water and swimming with the dolphins was amazing a great experience don’t miss it. The staff, trainers & dolphins at Dolphin Cove are the best we had a wonderful time.

Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“wonderful experience, friendly staff, expensive extras”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I did the Ultimate swim on my recent trip to Grand Cayman and I enjoyed it very much. The trainer Justine was very friendly and informative and MJ was friendly and funny. The whole thing was over way too fast but was something I'll never forget. My husband watched and since he is not a huge dolphin lover like I am he didn't think much of it and was happy he didn't spend the money to join me. They let family members watch but from a distance and thus it is hard for them to take very good pics, undoubtedly because they take their own pics and a video to purchase. Here is where they lose points. The pictures were overpriced and there was not an option for buy multiple pics and get a discount just flat out $15 a picture. And they wanted $70 for the video, which was not even tailored to an individual but was a group video. No one from our group purchased this and I can't imagine why anyone would. Dolphins were well trained and beautiful. All in all a great experience for me.

Starke, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun with smooth skin”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We just returned off a seven day cruise. Our two teenage kids loved the experience, even our 16 year old son. The staff was very knowledgable and helpful with the kids.

1 Thank TootsStarkeFlorida