“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dolphin Cove Cayman
Book In Advance
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Encounter Program: This program is specifically designed for young children, non- swimmers and those keen to get an up close encounter with a dolphin. Guests stand waist high in the water and interact with the dolphins. You will get to touch, kiss, dance, sing and learn all sorts of fascinating facts about your dolphin. The dolphins will also perform some high energy behaviors guaranteed to thrill and delight. No minimum age – however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by one adult per child. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult). Dolphin Swim Program You will receive a life vest before getting into the deep water, where guests will get to interact, touch, kiss and enjoy an up close experience. You will get a thrill out of our famous belly rides, where you ride belly to belly with one of our amazing dolphins. At the end of your program, see your dolphins fly high in the air with their spectacular jumps. Minimum age 5 years or older and must be strong swimmers– however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by an adult. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult).
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Fairfield, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family and I visited Grand Cayman the first week in November. We had reservations for the Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Cove. It was an amazing experience. Everything was very well organized. The employees were courteous and very informative. They provided us with so much information about the dolphins while we were waiting for our encounter. Everything from the dolphins' names and ages to their behavior and how they are cared for. The encounter was so much fun. A photographer takes pictures and you can buy the CD which we did. This really was the highlight of our trip. Unfortunately, as we were getting on the airplane to go home we realized the CD was left in our rental car along with t-shirts for our kids. We panicked!! The rental car company said they never found the bag. Luckily, the staff at Dolphin Cove was so accommodating (we spoke to Neisha). She immediately took care of us by allowing us to download all our pictures from their website and shipping replacement t-shirts. Thank you Dolphin Cove! We'll be back!!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Bel96

Farmington, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my first time swimming with the dolphins. It was a great experience and I would do it again. We did the Ultimate Swim which also included a trip to Stingray City which is AWESOME. I would give you one word of advice. Do your dolphin swim early.....we were lucky enough to be the first ones there before any of the cruise ship people got there. This is a wonderful expericence and would want this to be with just my family and not with a bunch of strangers. Again, we got there earlier enough and were able to do it on our own. Just after we got out of the lagoon. About 40 cruisers arrived. This is something I have always wanted to do and can cross this off the Bucket List!!!!!! They are such amazing animals!!!!!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank mmalario1
Los Alamitos
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Kinda Fun but not GREAT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked this outside of our Disney cruise as a day activity for our time in port. I think it was good but not great. We got a deal where kids were free so that helped. Had I paid for the kids I would have felt taken. This was not our first dolphin swim and interaction so I had something to compare it to maybe that is why it was a bit of a let down. We arrived via Dolphin Cove van transportation, they picked us up right outside the port gates, very nice! When we arrived we paid and then got changed. After some quick tips we got in the water. The whole water experience for the 7 of us was 20 minutes...So that should tell you how in depth it went:(
First the dolphin passed in front of us and we were told to reach out and touch the top and then the bottom of the dolphin.
Then we were told to swim up one by one and get a kiss from the dolphin and then told to kiss dolphin a quick pic was taken and then we moved on.
Next we were told that we would one by one get a belly ride from the dolphin. Exciting right....NOT REALLY, the dolphins literally pulled each of us about a body's length (6ft)...LAME!!!! Then the dolphins did some flips and it was all over.
The whole experience was just OK, nothing special. Something I would NEVER do again but would possibly recommend to someone else to do ONLY if kids are free and you couldn't find anything else to do....as there is not much to do in Grand Cayman for the day so this is something to do to pass time and have a lil fun with the kids.

2 Thank Limofam5
Edinburgh
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience you have to do it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have enjoyed three visits to this attraction the first was our own experience swimming with the dolphins which was amazing then 6 months later we took my parents in their 70 for the encounter and they loved every minute of it we once again swam with the dolphins which was even more enjoyable as we knew what to expect. We have just returned from our third visit and we took friends who were very apprehensive but the minute they got in the water with the dolphins they were delighted ! To see people's faces light up and truly enjoy the experience with the dolphins is fantastic.
The dolphins are well looked after and have a fantastic area to enjoy even when they aren't 'on show' we saw the dolphins jumping out of the water and sliding on the dock so they must e having fun to be doing it in their 'own time'

1 Thank Karen M
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Overall Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were convinced by our resort host that this was the better Dolphin experience out of the 2 in Grand Cayman. If this was the better of the two, the other must be horrible! We purchased 3 swims and one ultimate swim thinking that as a family, we would all be together to enjoy this experience. We were not. My poor nephew did the ultimate swim with a group of strangers at the other end of the lagoon and we weren't able to see his excitement. I asked if we could at least take photos together as a family and was told that we could not. What made the situation worse was that we were told by the photographers that we would have to purchase 2 separate cds at $80US each because the cds are preburned (single photos are $25US - total ripoff!). Unfortunately, these CDs also include all the other strangers in the group. The manager initially told me that nothing could be done since the CDs were preburned but after arguing that data can easily be transferred and CDs easily burned, they agreed to grab all photos of our family in both groups and burn to one CD. The photo tech checked the CD twice and told me the CD was burned. I get home, and of course, the CD is blank. The trainer was nice. We didn't spend a lot of time in the water though. From what I observed, the encounter seemed to be a more intimate and interactive experience since there was a smaller group, therefore, more time spent with the dolphin. Our package also included the sting ray trip (we never received our purchased photos for this either - basically $130 down the drain for photos that we never received). This experience was much more interactive but very crowded and rushed. If you want a dolphin experience, I wouldn't recommend the Grand Cayman period. I'm sure there are other destinations that have cheaper fees and provide a better experience.

3 Thank Liliana N
Dolphin C, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Cove Cayman, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi Liliana,

We are sorry for the miscommunication. The ultimate swim and dolphin swim are different programs located at different platforms in the park. If we had known that you wanted to be together as a family for the programs we would have suggested that you all do the same program. We have called the hotel who you booked through to inform them of this, so a situation like this doesn’t happen again. I also spoke with Dolphin Cove Photo department and Stingray City Photos and they said that they had received a message from you and sent you your photos yesterday. Please let me know if you still have not received the photos and I will have them sent again right away.
Dolphin Cove Guest Relations Manager