“Don't Miss!”

Dolphin Cove Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Encounter Program: This program is specifically designed for young children, non- swimmers and those keen to get an up close encounter with a dolphin. Guests stand waist high in the water and interact with the dolphins. You will get to touch, kiss, dance, sing and learn all sorts of fascinating facts about your dolphin. The dolphins will also perform some high energy behaviors guaranteed to thrill and delight. No minimum age – however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by one adult per child. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult). Dolphin Swim Program You will receive a life vest before getting into the deep water, where guests will get to interact, touch, kiss and enjoy an up close experience. You will get a thrill out of our famous belly rides, where you ride belly to belly with one of our amazing dolphins. At the end of your program, see your dolphins fly high in the air with their spectacular jumps. Minimum age 5 years or older and must be strong swimmers– however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by an adult. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult).
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband was the main motivation behind selecting a swim with the dolphins excursion. He selected this specifc location because the reviews reflected a more interactive experience with the dolphins. I very much found this to be true. The time with the dolphins was very well spent. There was an appropriate ratio of dolphins to tourist. The trainers were professional, nice, and funny. The facilities were clean and safe. This excursion was overall excellent, I would likely return.

2  Thank kristin m

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Something we always wanted to do. It was great and the dolphins were in their natural habitat. My husband did the encounter as he doesn't swim and enjoyed it. I did the dolphin swim and what a great experience.

1  Thank LorrieAnn26
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Grand Cayman's custodian of marine and cultural history is an unassuming dude named Don who mans (and, I believe, curates) the touch tank at Dolphin Cove. The touch tank (filled with lobster, jellyfish, sea cucumbers, urchins, sea stars, and assorted fish) is tucked off to the left behind the restrooms, and most people seem to miss it because they are fixated on their dolphin time and it's easily overlooked off to the side.

You can hold an urchin and a sea star, and it's worth the time to stay a while and chat with Don. He's born and raised in West Bay and is knowledgeable about Caymanian marine life, Caymanian history, and the interplay of the two. I've talked to him a few times before but today I was lucky enough to catch him between visitors and got to chat with him for the better part of an hour during which our conversation meandered among topics of local marine life, Caymanian history, Caymanian politics, local food, and Caymanian culture. He engages and informs both kids and adults. If you take the time to listen to him, you will enjoy yourself and learn something. His work is definitely a vocation - a calling in the truest sense, and it's a pleasure to experience.

The birds on the nature walk between the parking lot and the building are also a nice excursion. If you enjoy your conversations with Don (or the bird handlers), don't forget to tip. Generally, I cringe when I see tip jars, but, in these instances, I feel like the tips are truly deserved for phenomenal service.

1  Thank DenverDiverMom
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This was really fun, we enjoyed it more than we thought we would. Friendly people, overall great experience. Can't wait to return with my kids.

1  Thank texasmom2three
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My mother and I took a carnival cruise in November of 2012. One of our stops was grand cayman. When picking out our shore excursions, one of the things on my bucket list was to swim with the dolphins. This was my chance! My mother did the dolphin encounter which was a little less in price, but she cannot swim. So she needed something in shallow water. As for me, I was doing the whole thing! Once we were out of the van that took us there. We walked to dolphin cove through a garden area with many parrots. The parrots were beautiful! Once we arrived we were broken up into our separate groups. One for the encounter and the other for the swim. We were shown how to interact with the dolphin and what was expected. The got life jackets on and jumped in the water. The water is of course salt water. So don't get any in your mouth. We each got to get a kiss from the dolphin and have him pull you around. He'll splash you and do some jumps. There are professional photographers there to take picture which you can purchase afterwards. The photo is pretty pricey. But sooooo worth the money.

While you are enjoying your encounter there is no locker, but a cubby for you to put your stuff in. Remember your sunscreen!

It was an experience of a lifetime and one that I will never forget. I highly recommend anyone doing this encounter or swim. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Diamyn