“Better Than Expected”

and up
West Bay Sightseeing Tour Plus Royal Palms Beach Visit
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Grand Cayman invites our guests to have the experience of a lifetime swimming with dolphins in paradise! Our Grand Cayman dolphinarium offers family-friendly programs for all ages, a Caribbean adventure you will never forget.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Marquette, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Better Than Expected”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I thought swimming with dolphins was an activity for little girls. As an adult male, I wasn't sure how much fun I'd have with this, but it was a fantastic experience. We were with Luna (dolphin) and Lu (trainer). They were both absolutely awesome. Riding on the dolphin and being pushed on the boogie board was just insane. The demographic in our group ranged from toddlers to senior citizen couples, and everybody had a great time. Everyone was physically capable of doing all of the activities in the Push, Pull, and Swim program.

The free lockers were plenty large enough for our bags. The instruction was thorough enough to have us feeling confident about what we were doing before getting in the water with the animals.

The greatest setback of this experience was the pictures. They will not allow you to take pictures while you're with the dolphins, but when you're done you may purchase photos their photographers took at $35/photo. I just couldn't justify that price for a single picture. We left Dolphin Discovery a bit sour over having no photos to show for our experience, but still thrilled with everything we got to do while we were there.

Arlington, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were worried about picking the "wrong" dolphin park since there are 2 on the island. There are signs everywhere saying pick the right dolphin park; ask your hotel which is the better dolphin park. We ended up picking dolphin discovery bc it came with the turtle farm admission and we had a 20% off coupon. We were very pleasantly surprised how much we loved it. We have nothing to compare it to since we have not seen the other park, but we had a wonderful time and got to interact a lot with the dolphins. We picked the royal swim. Our teenage boys LOVED it! Highly recommend them. However, don't get sucked in to the high prices of the pictures. That is the worst part. They want you to pay almost $300 for all the pictures which is ridiculous! Do not do it. Haggle as long as you can. They WILL come down.

Culpeper, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best shore excursion and wildlife experience ever”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was without a doubt the most wonderful cruise shore excursion I've ever taken, and honestly, it was the best experience with "wildlife" or animals I've ever had. My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary, and this was the event we were looking forward to the most - we had high expectations, and Dolphin Discovery exceeded them by far. It was over a half hour to nearly 45 minutes of playing and petting the dolphin, but nothing compared to grabbing hold of her fins and having her give me a ride on her stomach through the pool. The instructors/guides were extremely interactive with both customers and the dolphins, and this is a memory we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We also negotiated a great deal on the pictures afterward. I would highly recommend this as a required experience for anyone visiting Cozumel, and I can't wait to do it again.

Visited July 2013
Grand Prairie, Tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an awesome experience!!! The trainer was very helpful and gave us some great information. He was never in a hurry and took extra time for us to touch and love on our dolphin. I would recommend this experience to everyone. The area was very clean and I felt they took great care of all the dolphins. I read some negative comments about the turtle farm but my girls and I had a blast! Watching the big turtles swim around and holding the baby turtles was so much fun. Nothing negative to say about this experience at all. :)

Visited July 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome dolphin experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The overall dolphin experience was great, and we did the royal package which was quite the blast. Definitely not cheap, but it's a worthwhile experience for all ages. The trainers were friendly and even gave us more rides than what we paid for since there was just my family during the entire time so it was basically a private experience. Dolphins were so cool and loved dealing with people, and riding with them was awesome. The only downside is the price of photos, and you can definitely haggle with them, altho it's still pricey. That's the only reason I didn't give this 5 stars overall.