“Beach Ride”
Review of Spirit of the West

Spirit of the West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of the most unique ways to experience Grand Cayman! Trek along the edge of the Caribbean Sea atop one of our magnificent beauties! Enjoy a lazy walk as the surf rolls in and out at the feet of your horse. For the more adventurous, feel the wind in your hair as you canter along the white sand beach. Try something completely out of the ordinary with the swim ride - hold on tight as your horse is steered into the cool and refreshing waters of the Caribbean for a wonderful swim.The true romantics can see the softer side of Cayman with the moonlit ride during the full moon. Guided only by the natural instincts of your horse, enjoy the peaceful nirvana of paradise where the modern world is far and away!Whatever your choice, Spirit of the West delivers premium service with true Caymanian hospitality. Each ride is an experience of a lifetime and every rider feels like they have done something they will never forget!
Hollandale, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beach Ride”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

On my fourth trip to the Caymen Islands, I brought two friends to join me on a horse ride on the beach. This trip I choose the Spirit of the West and was impressed by the quality of the horses and the professional guides. The group included experienced riders such as myself and beginners. The guides did an exceptional job of making such everyone was comfortable and enjoying themselves. Those who desired to canter along the beach were able to. I highly recommend Spirit of the West.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Debra O

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Terrific Ride, we'll trained horses”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was an amazing beach ride with very well trained horses. My husband and I have horses so we are very concerned about the care of these animals. The horses are well cared for and appear to enjoy the ride. The owner was our guide and it is obvious that he has turned a love of horses into a career that allows others to experience this pleasure. Thanks for an adventure I have only dreamed about; riding a horse on a beautiful beach scattered with conch shells.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Don H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

After reading all of the reviews this is what I was looking forward to most on my trip to the Grand Caymans. When we got there we were told we would be riding for 1 hour and 45 min. Our whole trip was over and we were ready to leave within an hour and 15 min and for $125 each (me and my brother went) it was not worth the money at all. We got saddled up on the beach, rode straight down to where the "swim" was, walked in the water for 10 min and then turned around and went back to the beginning area and the excursion was done. Also the guides were the two less friendly people I have ever had on any excursion I have done. They weren't exactly rude but maybe said two words the us the whole trip. I have done way better horseback tours than this one!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

1 Thank alimmer
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Who knew horses could swim!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just got back from an eleven night cruise and one of the highlights was the beach ride and ocean swim with Spirit of the West. My husband and I are novice riders and were paired up wtih two experienced riders. Paul made sure we all had fun! Riding bareback into the ocean was thrilling especially with stingrays swimming about. Afterwards, the driver offered to drop us off along Seven Mile Beach with tips on catching a bus back to the ship. I would recommend this excursion to all!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank deb_the_cruiser
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Just do it!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We did this the last night of our vacation; we chose the sunset ride. What a great way to end a trip!!! MY ONLY SUGGESTIONS: if you are doing an evening ride; take bug spray, and if you are not going in the water, wear jeans, socks & tennis shoes. Other than a few saddle rubs on our legs & ankles and some bug bites the evening was EXCELLENT!!! Make sure you take your camera, they will take pics for you as you ride or you can take your own while you ride. We will absolutely call Spirit of the West on our next trip to the Caymen Is.

Visited January 2013