“Island time!”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in West Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Second time here .. Good food, great atmosphere.. Tables outside are the best.. And the best drinks and service! Really makes you feel like you could skip out on life and stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I came in without a reservation and was seated on the covered balcony, otherwise the open air deck looks amazing - make a reservation! The conch ceviche was very tasty although my stomach did have some issues the next day. I attribute this to acclimatizing to a new diet and of course raw seafood can sometimes have that effect - I would order it again in a heartbeat! I had the yellowfin tuna special with ravioli and it was delicious...really. I know there were bad reviews but this was one of the top 5 restaurants (including dives and 5star places) for me in Georgetown.
There is a lovely view of the sunset. They also have a very pretty bubble bar.
I was too full for dessert and was driving so no drinks.
There is also great snorkelling just off down the stairs off the bar from this place so you could make an afternoon of it.

1  Thank tropicalnorth
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Cracked Conch last week for our "dinner out" while our daughter had a babysitter. We consider ourselves foodies, but being our first vacation with our baby, we had to forgo dinners at restaurants like Blue by Eric Ripert and the like... however, I tried to look for places that had interesting menus in a casual environment, close to where we were staying (near West Bay). The Cracked Conch exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious, interesting, and well presented. Desserts and drinks were excellent as well. Our dinner for one first course, two entrees, two desserts and four drinks was around $200 US. Now, this would probably be considered a little overpriced in the states, even for the quality of the food. However, for Cayman, I felt that it was priced exactly right.
It may seem a little out of the way if you're in Seven Mile Beach, but it's really not that far at all and well worth it. The views are great. The atmosphere is nice. It's upscale but still casual. I would definitely recommend having dinner here while on the island. We also ate downstairs at Macabuca for the Monday night buffet which was a great value and the food there also exceeded our expectations.

1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We enjoyed great service and food on the deck watching the sunset. My picky brother-in-law said the conch ceviche was the best he had. The rest of the us had either fish, lobster or steak/short rib dinners (melt in your mouth yummy). We wiped out dessert, chocolate lava cake with ice cream.

1  Thank Wanda D
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well I'll admit that this wasn't our first choice - we took a bus to the Heritage Kitchen but since they were closed, it seemed like the only place on the North end to go to was The Cracked Conch.
It wasn't crowded when we arrived and we didn't have reservations so we were quickly seated outside with a beautiful view of the ocean. Price wise it was about the same as other fine dining restaurants in Grand Cayman - expensive but not outrageous. We started with the conch chowder which was great. They were very accomodating to my 8 year old daughter and the table next to us had a bunch of kids, so they are very family friendly here. We try to eat local, fresh food so that's what we did and stuck with the local seafood specials. Everything was delicious and presented beautifully. My daughter had creme brulee' for dessert and it was fine. When it grew dark outside, you could see the lights of underwater divers in the water which my daughter thought was really cool.
I'd definitely recommend this place for the food, service, and the view - for families, too.

1  Thank Brewhound