“Counch Stew”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in West Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The best in the world. Food and setting was unforgetable, You have to be there to experience it forself. Price is not so high either. Wonderful cocktails.
Its next to the turtle farm, so go and have a look at the turtles while you are out there.

2  Thank Noland S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed September 2, 2012

A must go location if you are in Grand Caymen.
Outdoor seating is amazing, if you go at dusk you will see many of scuba divers come out of the water right next to the restaurant.
Beautiful views and excellent food... what more could you ask for?

2  Thank nycgottago
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I dined at the Cracked Conch on Aug 31, and can easily say that was the best gluten-free meal I've ever had. Being Celiac often presents challenges when dining out, often forcing me to settle for a very simple meat and veg and often feeling underwhelmed. I had heard the CC did gluten-free meals and a friend and fellow celiac and I decided to try it.

We were promptly brought warm and amazingly aromatic gluten-free (GF) buns, not the toast we've received at other supposed GF friendly restaurants. The staff also amended our starter to ensure it was safe for us, the tuna tartar is not to be missed. I had the seared scallops on cauliflower puree, and I feel I could have eaten my body weight in that puree. My companion ordered a chicken dish and substituted in scalloped potatoes (normally not an option as most scalloped dishes use wheat flour as a sauce thickener). Her chicken was very moist and flavorful and the potatoes were oh-my worthy.

We assumed the meal would end at dinner, not very many desserts save for ice cream are GF. Turns out, the CC's lava cake was not only GF, it was also AMAZING.

I will readily recommend this restaurant, and in fact already have in the 24 hours since we were there. The prices are comparable to any other fine dining restaurant on the island, but the view and ambiance are superior to many alternative places. The location isn't fantastic, it's about 20 minutes from Seven Mile Beach, but it is well worth the drive. Definitely have the lava cake.

3  Thank Savytravelor_11
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spent our big dinner night on Cayman at the Cracked Conch. It was expensive, but it was delicious.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just upstairs from macabucca is a great fine dining experience. The food was great and the service was even better. I can't remember my servers name but she was swedish and definetely easy on the eyes. Anyway, her menu and wine knowledge was helpful and pleasant. If you have a car this is worth the drive.

2  Thank Patrick B