“Never going back!”

Quest Ivanhoe
Quest Ivanhoe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivanhoe
Reviewed April 18, 2014

1. The lift is a ticking time bomb. It constantly breaks down forcing you to have to carry everything up the revolting stairs (I've seen nicer in public car parks), and furthermore, I once was stuck in the lift and the emergency button does not work, and after they realised the lift was not working they said I would have to wait 2 hours minimum before they could fix it. Luckily I ended up getting myself out with my brother's help from the outside of the lift. Lastly, the lift is incredibly slow.

2. It's not clean. Upon arriving at out room we found a broken wine class behind the tv cabinet and mouldy chocolate down the back of the couch. In addition, it is incredibly dusty (especially the bedside tables and tv cabinet), there was stains on the toilet seat, the beds are badly made and the cleaners are rude. For example, despite me having the 'do not disturb' sign on, the cleaner came in, without knocking, whilst I was trying to change and started cleaning...until I had to kick her out-she saw no problem with what she did.

3. The staff are very unhelpful. Like I said earlier, they would not do anything about me being stuck in the lift, when there was people smoking in the room next door, then fighting loudly between 6:30pm and 8:30am the next morning, yelling obscenities (including the c word), and slamming things against the wall, they did nothing. I had to to go a friend's room and sleep on the sofa bed.

4.The appliances/electronics suck. On the first day I realised the safe did not work, I informed the staff, they did nothing. The TV also constantly got stuck on one channel, and there was nothing you could do about it. The aircon/heater didn't work well, sometimes it just wouldn't turn on at all. Lastly, the smoke alarm was very annoying, it would go off every time you showered, opened the oven or cooked on the hotplates.

5. They're not apartments. I've stayed in hotel rooms bigger than this. They are tiny rooms with barely any space, uncomfortable couches, too small fridges and no pantry space. If you're staying here I hope you're prepared for a good dose of cabin fever.

6. Depressing decor. All they have is cheap, crappy painting you buy from those little Asian shops for $10, it's fugly and depressing.

7. It smells. I don't know why or what it is but the hotel has an incredibly unpleasant smell, ensure to bring air freshener and scented candles.

8. The key cards rarely work. It's very hard to get into your room, sometimes you have to wait 10 or 15 minutes before the key card will work and let you in, same goes for trying to enter the carpark, but at least the car park has a code you can enter instead, I suggest you ask for it.

9. No basic amenities. No pool, gym, nothing. Zero. Zilch. There is nothing to do, the hotel literally offers nothing.

10.Good location.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kayla1095

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We'll be staying at the Quest again this weekend on our next trip to Melbourne. In that most of our friends and family live in Ivanhoe (and daughter goes to Latrobe) it is really convenient and located right in the heart of Ivanhoe village. Secure undercover parking is included and the property is relatively new.
The rooms are pretty large and quiet and have all the amenities you need. Staff is great and helpful.
Great value for money and they are very flexible with check-in / check-out, if needed.
It's become our standard for going to Ivanhoe.

Room Tip: The lift is a little slow so lower floor rooms are more easily accessible
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel as it was within a quick drive to Latrobe Uni where our daughter now lives..everything that you need is on hand nearby..had dinner both nights at the nearby Ivanhoe Hotel bistro..was lovely..1 bedroom apartment was very spacious..lovely & clean..comfy bed..free secure parking..what more could you ask for..very happy..will return on our future visits to Melbourne..

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank arwon
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed about one week in a two bedroomed apartment and about another in a one bedroomed during the Christmas and New Year period. The second was on a higher floor and we even managed to view some fireworks while sipping wine from the balcony on New Year's Eve.
Service especially at the reception was very good. They even took care of our bags while we went gallivanting after our checkout on the last day!
The apartments were self-contained with all the cooking facilities. Add that to the supermarket downstairs and the restaurants along the road, eating was very convenient. The train to town was a lovely short walk away and means no traffic jams or need to drive or park in town.
The only con is that there is no free wifi and internet is by a cable. You have an option of payment by hour, day or week. Even then it was not very fast.
All in all we had a very nice stay and hope to be back again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I highly recommend the Quest Ivanhoe for anyone traveling to Melbourne. I arrived here after two days of travel from the US, and the Quest Ivanhoe was my first welcome to Australia. And what a wonderful welcome! The front office staff - Brian, Steve, Glenys, Pauline, and Greg - made everything feel like home, and made everything so easy for me. They gave me great guidance on what to do, what to see, and how to get there. They made special arrangements for my transportation, and made sure everything worked perfectly. The housekeeping staff were so helpful, too. The location is ideal. It was so easy to get food, etc. - everything is within walking distance or a train ride away. A great place, with absolutely superb people!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here overnight while on a conference. I was running late but fortunately the front desk called to check on where I was. My GPS was telling me it was somewhere else so thank goodness he called me!

PROS
- self contained with a Woolworths almost next door
- secure parking
- clean

CONS
- single room was quite compact. Not too small but not spacious either.
- there were no spare blankets in my room and the bedding was very light. I was cold. There was a heater but I didn't want it blowing on me all night so I just put more clothes on. I informed reception the next day (as the reception attendant had left for the night) so hopefully it'll be addressed.

Room Tip: TIPS - I think my room backed on to a train line with some infrequent trains (or else there was a t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KickingTheBucketList
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Meaning to write this review for a while now, thought it worthwhile to comment.
Stayed here for 2 weeks whilst having insurance work done at our home.
We
Stayed in a 2 bedroom( interconnecting apartment) both rooms were self contained with mini kitchen and laundry facilities in the bathroom. Apartments had everything you require, not overly big but big enough for the 3 of us.
Everything was cleaned and well maintained but our apartment was dark and looked out onto another set of rooms so no privacy at all unless curtains closed. If you stay here and view is important talk to the managers first.
Very close to train station( just behind apartments) great coffee shops and places to eat at your
Doorstep.
15 minute drive to the city ( max) out of peak hour but buses and trains very convenient.
If I had to stay here
Again for insurance or businessI wouldn't hesitate.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivanhoe
BreakFree Bell City
#2 of 4 in Kew
Quality Suites Beaumont Kew
Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre
Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel

Been to Quest Ivanhoe? Share your experiences!