1. The lift is a ticking time bomb. It constantly breaks down forcing you to have to carry everything up the revolting stairs (I've seen nicer in public car parks), and furthermore, I once was stuck in the lift and the emergency button does not work, and after they realised the lift was not working they said I would have to wait 2 hours minimum before they could fix it. Luckily I ended up getting myself out with my brother's help from the outside of the lift. Lastly, the lift is incredibly slow.
2. It's not clean. Upon arriving at out room we found a broken wine class behind the tv cabinet and mouldy chocolate down the back of the couch. In addition, it is incredibly dusty (especially the bedside tables and tv cabinet), there was stains on the toilet seat, the beds are badly made and the cleaners are rude. For example, despite me having the 'do not disturb' sign on, the cleaner came in, without knocking, whilst I was trying to change and started cleaning...until I had to kick her out-she saw no problem with what she did.
3. The staff are very unhelpful. Like I said earlier, they would not do anything about me being stuck in the lift, when there was people smoking in the room next door, then fighting loudly between 6:30pm and 8:30am the next morning, yelling obscenities (including the c word), and slamming things against the wall, they did nothing. I had to to go a friend's room and sleep on the sofa bed.
4.The appliances/electronics suck. On the first day I realised the safe did not work, I informed the staff, they did nothing. The TV also constantly got stuck on one channel, and there was nothing you could do about it. The aircon/heater didn't work well, sometimes it just wouldn't turn on at all. Lastly, the smoke alarm was very annoying, it would go off every time you showered, opened the oven or cooked on the hotplates.
5. They're not apartments. I've stayed in hotel rooms bigger than this. They are tiny rooms with barely any space, uncomfortable couches, too small fridges and no pantry space. If you're staying here I hope you're prepared for a good dose of cabin fever.
6. Depressing decor. All they have is cheap, crappy painting you buy from those little Asian shops for $10, it's fugly and depressing.
7. It smells. I don't know why or what it is but the hotel has an incredibly unpleasant smell, ensure to bring air freshener and scented candles.
8. The key cards rarely work. It's very hard to get into your room, sometimes you have to wait 10 or 15 minutes before the key card will work and let you in, same goes for trying to enter the carpark, but at least the car park has a code you can enter instead, I suggest you ask for it.
9. No basic amenities. No pool, gym, nothing. Zero. Zilch. There is nothing to do, the hotel literally offers nothing.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Quest Ivanhoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.