“Rude staff”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The meals here a decent and they offer a good selection, however the staff are so appalling rude that it makes it an experience you don't enjoy. In fact, I actually went back a second time and different staff were rude again, now I know why my friend's who live in Ivanhoe don't go here.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went to the hotel for my birthday dinner - it is a local favourite of mine. The meals are reasonably priced, and the portions are large. My favourite meal is the pork ribs which comes complete with salad and chips. It is so large that I have to forgo the pre-dinner bread roll!. My grandson likes it too as that is where we went for his birthday too! There are reasonably priced children's meals and alcoholic drinks are reasonably priced too.

1  Thank phebianMelbourne
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had lunch on a Monday. More a Bistro than a restaurant. Both my wife (roast turkey) and I (barramundi) had daily specials on blackboard. Both sizeable serves with good mix of vegetables. Quite tasty. No room for a desert so we were full just with main course.
Place was quite busy but service was quick and very friendly.
We will recommend to our friends.

2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in Ivanhoe for a week and tried the Ivanhoe Hotel twice. Once for lunch and once for supper. It's a counter service pub and not the cheapest but is fairly tasty. Staff are pleasant and it seems pretty easy to get a table (it is a pretty big establishment). No complaints and fine for a quick meal.

1  Thank TristanEF
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ivanhoe Hotel has great food at very good prices and Gluten Free options on the menu, even Gluten Free dessert. The staff were so friendly and efficient. The menu is available all day as well which suited us for an early dinner and an early lunch the next day before going to a wedding.

1  Thank Judith C