“Nice place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have visited twice now with my 5 month old cockerpoo Ubu and they have made us very welcome and the food very nice too ....would go back again and hope so soon

Redditch, United Kingdom
“Standards have dropped”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the Fish for a number of years and recently this pub has gone through a change in managers, and in my view not for the best.
The setting by the river, especially on a warm day,is second to none and the interior of the restaurant is modern and well done.
However the bad experience my wife and I received occurred on the evening of the 19/5/2013 when the manager served us our meal whilst we sat outside by the river. He accidentally, I hope, knocked my wife's drink over causing the spillage to flood her plated up meal and also causing the drink to run through on to her clothing. Not only was her clothing wet, her meal was ruined and she had no drink. There was not a word of apology and we assumed that the manager would replace both the drink and the meal or at least apologise. I accept accidents do happen and a simple sorry would have helped. It was obvious that no replacement was forthcoming so my wife chased them up inside the pub. It transpires no replacement had been ordered and after an explanation provided by my wife the most helpful assistant manageress arranged for a replacement drink and meal. By the time that it arrived I had finished my meal whilst my wife eat on her own. I can not understand why the manager would want to treat us in that manner. We are a middle aged couple who have supported the fish in the past.
I would also say that I had ordered the battered fish and cod, that evening, when the small piece of cod arrived it had been placed on top of the few chips in an apparent attempt to hide the small amount served.
This is a far from adequate customer service from an in -experienced manager who is unable to engage with customers. He needs to attend a charm school or at least placed in a back room away from customers. I would even suggest the manager at the Fish would give Basil Fawlty a run for his money in the customer service department. I will only return to the Fish under the pain of death or until the manager has been removed. You have been warned.

Warwick
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must try harder”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The pub has the potential to be fantastic - the location is superb, next to the river with ample parking. Unfortunately the maintenance, service and the food do not do it justice.
The service was slow, several members of the bar staff stood around chatting whilst I stood at the bar waiting to order. I started to believe I was invisible. After a wait, the food that was delivered – a meat platter for 2 was not appetising. The spicy sausage was the best item, but it was swimming in oil. The chicken wings had been cooked and the sauce just dolloped on top. It was still raw, so inedible. The Chinese beef was cold. The breaded chicken goujons were straight out of the Birdseye box. Dogs roamed the outside eating area, urinating over the tables and benches – not hygienic to say the least. All in all a very disappointing experience. We will not be coming back here unless the management start to put some pride back into what they do.

Cotswolds
“Warm welcome”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been going to The Fish at Wixford for some years now accompanied by our daschund Pluto. The welcome is always warm, our names remembered and the service excellent. They now have a new manager and a new menu. Both excellent. However, the star of the pub is Spider - the friendliest dog you will ever encounter and a true character. Keep the good hosting going Spider - you make our day!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“The Fish Inn- Made an account just to share my thoughts on this place!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I think there are a lot of good restaurants out there, but this one really sets itself apart and this is why:

1. Location/the Place: Its in the lovely countryside with the best beer garden and play area I've come across and has a great atmosphere. The pub itself boasts a strong character with the sophisticated and stylish decor- definitely worth the travel even just to see it!

2. The Food: I have eaten here a few times now- it's mine and the wifes getaway! The food is delicious and nicely presented. The portion sizes were sufficient, in fact my wife couldn't even eat it all! I had a standard steak and asked for it rare, it came perfectly cooked with some great sides, and I know this sort of main is easy to cook but nevertheless the food has never disappointed!

3. Overall: A great place to try something new, I would recommend to anyone on tripadvisor- just like I recommended to my parents and friends!

I didn't even have a trip advisor account I made one just to spread the word about this little gem in the countryside!

• Visited April 2013