“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Albury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Visited for a family meal, 9 in group, most of us chose the pheasant pie(special) which was one of the best we have ever had! Also the albury trout was excellent.
Felt compelled to write a review as we had also eaten here a few times in October and the food is consistently good.
The atmosphere and decor gives the place a lovely ambience.
The menu caters for all tastes and children get to choose from all of it, they just size down the portion and the price-very progressive! The sausage and mash was excellent.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

On our recent visit to the area we were recommended by family to try The Drummond and all in all it was a very nice meal. We had a soup starter which was homemade and of good quality and the baked camenbert which was lovely but chef had got a bit carried away with the flakes of garlic they had put in it but still it was nice. The sunday roasts we had were good although i dont really think that sweecorn and peas and tinned ones at that should have made it onto the plate and the cauliflower cheese wasnt quite up to the job either. However the meat, yorkshires and roast potatoes were very good. The staff were very friendly and the pub itself was lovely. I would definitely go again if i were in the area.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I actually booked this pub for my birthday by mistake, I had a mix up with the names and thought it was the pub down the road, but I never regretted coming here for one moment.

We received a warm welcome on our arrival and we were quickly shown to our seats in the restaurant area of the pub. The pub looks fairly newly decorated, but it has insured it hasn't lost it's woody natural pub look, and not become some chrome-filled generic gastro pub (a look that seems to plague pubs in the Guildford area).

The food was excellent throughout, leaving no one disappointed. We shared a delicious baked camembert, studded with garlic and thyme, and it was the best I've had.

I then had a beef burger with added bacon, cheese, egg and a fantastic mushroom sauce. The burger was cooked perfectly (I asked for medium) and came with ample chips and a lovely salsa. I asked for mayo and ketchup before I started the meal, but the mushroom sauce and salsa was so nice that I barely found need for them. The other meals were also great, with not a bad word to be said about any of them.

Also the service was the best I can remember for a long time, both friendly and efficient. It was a quiet Wednesday night, so I'm not sure if this would always be the case when busier, but I couldn't fault it on my visit.

It's situated in a nice little village and has a shallow stream running behind it. The pub has a very large beer garden and outdoor eating area, which I imagine is great in the summer (we visited in late October). Parking wasn't a problem either, with lots of space offered by an overflow car park.

I highly recommend it!

1  Thank TheFoodski
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Lovely pub pleasantly situated.Food & service was very good & the ambience & decor delightful.Obviously a favourite locally as the Pub was busy.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent food, friendly atmosphere and very welcoming. Would 100% a Sunday roast (although I'd book otherwise you'll be waiting a while) and the New Zealand sauvignon blanc. The back garden is a really lovely setting for a family lunch or just drinks with friends. Always enjoy a visit here.