“Great Find & GF Friendly”
Review of The Dining Haul

The Dining Haul
Ranked #28 of 53 Restaurants in Elwood
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A chic seafood influenced tapas bar and restaurant in Elwood. With close proximity to the beach and a hint of European accents, the atmosphere is yours to enjoy. Enjoy a quick take-away coffee, a lazy breakfast, lunch with the family, a dinner with friends or even a cheeky wine after work. The Dining Haul also boasts a delicious take-away menu when the chef at home needs a night off.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Find & GF Friendly”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had lunch at The Dining Haul over the Christmas break. They had a limited, but varied menu available, which made good sense given the reduced numbers of people looking for a meal during the holiday period. I had a terrific quinoa, pumpkin, beetroot and blue cheese salad. I wasn't sure if the flavours would work, but they really did. My friend had a chicken salad with a sumac dressing, which she also enjoyed. All of the other meals we saw coming out of the kitchen looked great too. I could have had a number of things straight off the menu or they would have adapted some things to make them gluten free. The service is friendly and attentive and I'd not hesitate to go back for lunch. I'm not sure if I'd go for dinner as it appears to only have shared tables, which isn't really my thing for a night out.

• Visited December 2012

“Relaxed Elwood Eatery”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our third time to this relatively new addition to the Elwood restaurant scene. The food is still great with the mussels, catch of the day and greek lamb among our favourites. A little noisy at busy times and a reasonable wine list. Our kids love the place!

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Good, but has to be watched!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful eating environment with some truly lovely dishes - some novel (like the roll mops) and some traditional (like a well prepared classic t-bone). I really like Eton's Mess (a pavlova that had a car accident), but beware of ingredient substitution, like macadamias for merangue, when demand is running hot! Not on my table, buddy!

1 Thank BravoCharley
Death Valley
“Relaxed setting for a great meal”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Having dined here many times and been impressed by the food and service in its previous incarnation as Pur Pearl 8 I was a bit hesitant to try the new place, I shouldn't have worried. I've now been a few times on a Sunday afternoon and it has been most enjoyable. I started with the Zucchini fritters with herb creme fraiche followed by my favourite dish, the Pulled Lamb Salad. Try one of the delicious starters and share this as a main. It's very filling. I finished it off with the Eton mess from the dessert specials.

• Visited August 2012
New York
“Fancy & inviting...but poor food and service!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed in elwood in July and thought to give this place a go on a Friday night. The food was very average and the service felt like 'faulty towers'. Im guessing the place is still new and needs to find its feet. All in all we tried it yet i would not go back...a waste really as this strip is crying out for a casual diner.

• Visited July 2012