“Pretty disappointing”

Dudsbury Golf Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Ferndown B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for one night. The rooms are nicely decorated but are just very small versions of what you get (for a lot less £) at a Travelodge. The 'bathroom' in our room could not comfortably fit two people in it at once (neither of us is large!).
The service in the bar was shocking, the barmaid clearly felt that getting cutlery for the waitress and plugging in another customers phone for them was far more important than serving those who wanted a drink.
Breakfast staff were much better and more helpful but the choice was limited while the coffee was disgusting and from a machine.
We did not use the Spa facilities or the Golf course, both of which do come well recommended, but on the evidence of the rooms and the service I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Disappointing stay. 5 star room price but 3 star service.Healthy breakfast non- existent.High sugar cereals available with choice of 2 fruits. No yoghurt, nuts dried fruit etc.Service in restaurant poor with luke warm water available from plastic thermos flask for cup of tea with one t-bag.No decaf. coffee.
Pro shop not female friendly.
Would not revisit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were only staying one night on our way to an event. The Hotel is very good except for a few problems.
1. The corridors to the bedrooms are not ventilated and are 'purified' with electric airfresheners to such an extent that they made be cough immediately;
2. The excellent dinner in the excellent dining room was marred as I have difficulty with stairs. We only learnt of the hidden lift as we were leaving!
3. The receptionist took us to our room, showed us how to switch on the lighting, but said nothing about the air conditioning having been switched off, or how to switch it on. In consequence, we had a very over heated uncomfortable night.
4. Breakfast was extremely poor. Everything was 'do it yourself'; The cereal consisted of your choice of three kellogs breakfast foods, and a bowl of fruit, if you did not have a cooked creakfast. Even the coffee you had to make yourself.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Warm and friendly staff, clean tidy rooms with plenty of room. Swimming pool is great for relaxing not big enough to work a sweat up, but the gym is perfect for that. The Jacuzzi is great in fact the leisure facilities are all great.
the bar menu is limited but the food is still lovely and had something on their that i enjoyed and was cooked perfectly.
Breakfast is standard cooked or cereals and yogurt, with the usual cold and hot drinks.
Would i recommend.... yes, and would i stay here again if in the area yes, if i was with my family i would even stay here with them.
Lovely Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Regular user of this hotel, stayed three days last week and everything is topnotch as usual. I was in one of the newly refurbished villas, a large room to myself, only disadvantage is that you have to walk outside to get back into the main hotel. No problem in the sunshine. Never used the spa so cannot comment. Spikes bar is comfortable but can get very busy onsociety days. Upstairs resturant, very comfortable, food excellent, but you will need to book on most nights as it is very popular locally. No problems parking, but watch the exit, it is a little tight. Would like to try the course, as it looks very nice, but business always comes first

Room Tip: You dont want rooms 19 or 20, you get all the pool pump noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Recieved a treatment as a birthday present. Having played golf already I knew that the facilities at Dudsbury were good but the spa was excellent. The staff were very professional and their customer service was brilliant. Definatley recommend anyone to go!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was very excited to have received a birthday gift voucher from my partner for a treatment at the spa. I arrived early for my 0930 appointment however the staff made me feel like a second class citizen - the hotel receptionist shouted out the entry PIN code to the spa door from her desk. I was told twice by the curt spa receptionist to 'sit over there' when I would have preferred to stand and look around and my 'therapist' was no-where to be found. Ten minutes later she arrived, thrusting a card into my hand to complete - clearly I could have been given this card on arrival. 15 minutes after my arrival I was ushered into the treatment room for further 'questioning' before the treatment had even begun. I have to say that the treatment itself was quite enjoyable and relaxing but bang on 10 o'clock she finished, falling short of the published '25 minutes' by 10 minutes. Far from being relaxing and special as my partner had hoped, it was a stressful experience and I would not consider going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Lisa M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndown
Les Bouviers Rooms
St Leonards Farm Caravan and Camping Park
Longham Farm House
Longham Farm House
#4 of 4 in Ferndown

Been to Dudsbury Golf Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!