Was not really sure what to expect and I'm still not sure how I feel about this place. We took a boat over with no reservations. The place we wanted was booked so walked over to the Buccaneer. Elisabeth at the desk was very helpful and showed us a few different rooms to choose from. We choose the yurt. It was clean and functional but like most places in Bocas, it had a musty smell. We also had crickets (or something) living in our roof, which was quite mouldy. We were only there for the night so we didn't worry to much. It's was raining (surprise lol) so I did slip and fall on the stairs. Was not hurt though. The restaurant was great. We sat and had drinks with some other guests and enjoyed it immensely. However, no fault to the establishment, the mass swarms of sand fleas ate me alive. Would not go back to Carrenero for this reason alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small resort/hotel on Isla Carenero across from Bocas on Colon Island. Recently purchased, and being completely renovated. A white sandy beach on the south-east stretch of the island provides a great starting point for many local activities. A new Royal 2-bedroom suite has been added with a full kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Buccaneer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel Carenero Island
- Buccaneer Resort Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro