My family stayed in a suite, that had two rooms. One was closed-in, had AC, and it was where the bathroom was. The other was an open room with two twin beds, a table, sink area with small fridge, and was easily open to the beach/ocean by moveing the partition like doors.
The area is amazing, along with the views. Bibi's restaurant was on the property, and it is great. Plus, each guest gets a $5 breakfast coupon, which pretty much took care of breakfast. Also, for every $10 spent at Bibis, you get 1 hour free for the Buccaneer's kayaks, paddleboats, etc.
My only complaint was that there was a leak in the rook (it rained every morning we were there) and the open room did not have AC, but the kids didn't mind. The staff also cleaned any rain up, and were very helpful.
Note: this is a great area, but a little rougher than you would think of when considering "resorts".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small resort/hotel on Isla Carenero across from Bocas on Colon Island. Recently purchased, and being completely renovated. A white sandy beach on the south-east stretch of the island provides a great starting point for many local activities. A new Royal 2-bedroom suite has been added with a full kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Buccaneer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel Carenero Island
- Buccaneer Resort Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro