We stayed here from Feb. 21st to March 3rd, 2013. Four friends and my husband and I rented the top floor and one room on the second floor. From the moment we arrived, Ivan went out of his way to accommodate us. If we needed snacks, beer, etc., he would have it delivered if we didn't feel like island hopping. When we wanted to venture out, he would make calls to make sure we were in the right hands and all according to our schedule. He introduced us to some of the locals who we became fast friends with. Breakfast was perfect with fresh fruits, toast, and steaming hot coffee. Rooms and linens were always clean.
In reference to some posts made before we went: yes, it sometimes rains on a tropical island, hence, "tropical".
yes, you will have bugs on a tropical island with high humidity, don't be stupid, bring bug spray or stop at the Pickled Parrot( about 150 steps down path) and purchase George's amazing bug repellent oil( and have the best burger ever as well.).
If you like to travel to the hidden spots, you're not into all-inclusive cattle ranches, you like to hang with the locals and meet new people, then this is the place for you. Ivan hooked us up with a great dive outfit, showed us where to surf and snorkel, and was the ultimate host!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located into a lush, tropical setting, and carribean ocean to view. Each room comes with Ac, Cable Tv, hot water and wifi. A stretch of beach and restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Tierra Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Verde Hotel Bocas Del Toro Province
- Hotel Tierra Verde Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro