A group of 4 families, with a total of 15 people, traveled to Bocas del Toro in June 2012 and stayed at Hotel Tierra Verde. First of all the location is perfect! It is on Isla Caranero which is right next to the big island. It is literally close enough to swim to, but far enough away to get a true island feeling. It was just a 5 minute boat ride to Bocas.
The owners took great care of us securing transportation and excursions both day and night. The rooms were comfortable, clean, cool. We began each morning with coffee and fruit under the bohio out in front. We ended each day sitting on the dock relaxing and enjoying the view. We were lucky enough to time our trip when a surf swell came in. The owners were very helpful pointing us in the directions of the best surf spots.
We hit the typical tourist spots but were also pointed towards more local spots. We snorkeled, hiked, surfed, went kayaking and enjoyed dining and beverages. Perfect vacation! Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located into a lush, tropical setting, and carribean ocean to view. Each room comes with Ac, Cable Tv, hot water and wifi. A stretch of beach and restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Tierra Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Verde Hotel Bocas Del Toro Province
- Hotel Tierra Verde Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro