We had never been to Panama so we took a water taxi around all the islands looking for the perfect place to stay. We found it! Casa Aquario is close enough to Bocas town to keep an eye on and even hear some of the nightlife but across the water enough to feel peaceful. Taxi rides are readily available into town for $1. Breakfasts were delicious and Joahnna an excellet hostess. The rooms were large and decorated with obvious care. Priceless was the breeze that blew through all the windows and french doors of our room that we left open. None of the hotels in the area that we saw were on large beaches and some no beach. Casa Aquario had a very small one but it was large by comparison. The water was aqua color and bathwater warm! Walk down the path to the Pickled Parrot bar and have a drink on the pier! One day we paid a private guide (self promoted as a Mike Tyson lookalike) $60 for an all day excursion to the area sites, snorkiing, and beaches. Money well spent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- King suite overlooking crystal clear water abundant with tropical fish and sea life. Great swimming and snorkeling spot with pretty sandy beasch.This spacious suite situated upstairs offers one king bed and one double bed with A/C, Cable TV, WiFi, private bathroom with hot water, hardwood floors and french doors opening out to your own private patio overlooking water with mountain views, hammock and seating. Full and continental breakfast with local fruits offered. Enjoy the covered leisure terrace wired for wireless internet and kitchen area. Guest fridge is avaialble for guest use. The Inn is located on a tropical island, Isla Carenero, directly across from Bocas del Toro and a three minute boat ride. This island features world class surfing, hiking nature trails, pristine beaches, restaurants, bars, kayak, surf board and paddle board rentals and other amenities. We will help you arrange your island adventures, diving trips and surfing tours with a pick up at the inn. The price of the rooms is as follows: King suite double occupancy $99. Per night . Queen suite double occupancy $88.Chrildren under 10 for free. Extra adults $10. Each . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Casa Acuario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Acuario Hotel Carenero Island
- Casa Acuario Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro