I can't say enough about this place. First off - Joan was amazing with correspondence prior to mine and my boyfriend's arrival. She answered all of our questions, and offered me a good rate for staying more than two nights. There was never even an hour delay between her response to my emails.
We don't have a lot of money, something like this is way over our budget, but we decided to spend the money because our trip to Bocas was special. We walked in the room and were really taken aback by how unbelievably beautiful and immaculate the room was. Everything was spotlessly clean and so cozy....and the bed and pillows were AMAZING.
On top of the perfect location, spectacular views, and superior room, there is a family that takes care of the place and cooks breakfast. I had a hankering for some hot tea about 8 p.m. one night, and the lady's son was cooking dinner and watching tv with a group of his friends. He saw the teabag in my hand and got me a mug and put on some hot water for me. As we sat in the kitchen waiting for the water to boil, the kids just made jokes with us and treated us SO FRIENDLY. The next morning a really nice woman cooked us breakfast (I can't remember her name, but I think she is the aforementioned kid's mom). I feel SO at home at this hotel, that I automatically offered to help her wash dishes when we were finished with the breakfast she cooked us. Naturally she declined, because it is her job, but the point is that this isn't like a hotel at all. This place truly gives you the feeling that a family is inviting you into their perfect home over the ocean. My boyfriend and I are young, but have no interest in the bar and party scene that occurs down at the Aqua Lounge. Casa Acuario is perfect, absolutely perfect - and if we ever come back to Bocas del Toro, we will absolutely stay here - and you should too!!
We have to pack to leave tonight because we leave in the morning, and I think we are more sad to leave Casa Acuario than we are Bocas del Toro itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- King suite overlooking crystal clear water abundant with tropical fish and sea life. Great swimming and snorkeling spot with pretty sandy beasch.This spacious suite situated upstairs offers one king bed and one double bed with A/C, Cable TV, WiFi, private bathroom with hot water, hardwood floors and french doors opening out to your own private patio overlooking water with mountain views, hammock and seating. Full and continental breakfast with local fruits offered. Enjoy the covered leisure terrace wired for wireless internet and kitchen area. Guest fridge is avaialble for guest use. The Inn is located on a tropical island, Isla Carenero, directly across from Bocas del Toro and a three minute boat ride. This island features world class surfing, hiking nature trails, pristine beaches, restaurants, bars, kayak, surf board and paddle board rentals and other amenities. We will help you arrange your island adventures, diving trips and surfing tours with a pick up at the inn. The price of the rooms is as follows: King suite double occupancy $99. Per night . Queen suite double occupancy $88.Chrildren under 10 for free. Extra adults $10. Each . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Acuario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Acuario Hotel Carenero Island
- Casa Acuario Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro