“Great family friendly cafe/restaurant”
Review of Bertram's

Bertram's
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Warkworth
Description: Cafe and bed and breakfast serving excellent quality locally sourced Northumbrian produce.
Reviewed April 6, 2017

I recently visited Warkworth Castle with my Sister and my two year old, we loved exploring and running around, but soon the call for coffee got too great, so we headed into Warkworth in search of some.

We stumbled across Betrum's and decided to give it a go. We were really impressed with the clean decor, and friendly welcome from the staff - there is even a cute outdoor courtyard area.

We ordered coffees and a slice of carrot cake to share and they were really good, I didn't expect to find decent barista style coffee in a sleepy northumbrian town. We were a bit gutted that we'd already eaten a picnic, as the food menu looked incredible - smoked salmon and avocado on toast caught my eye.

I was also really impressed with the toilets, we are potty training at the moments so went in 3 times, and not only were they clean and well presented, but I was really pleased to see a sign stating that baby change facilities were in both the male and female facilities - very rare to see but wonderful. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the area with young children.

1  Thank Helen R

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Bertram's after having visited nearby Warkworth Castle. Beautiful spring day so we decided to sit outside in the courtyard which was catching the afternoon sun. After having walked around the castle and down to the beach we were peckish. I decided to go for the locally sourced kippers and brown bread, my wife decided to go for the pea and mint soup. The kippers were delicious, simple dish with brown bread hit the spot. The soup was tasty as well. We both had a refreshing fever tree tonic with ice. Definately recommend to people visiting Warkworth.

1  Thank sostraveluk
Reviewed April 4, 2017

What can I say, we just love Bertram's! We have been many times, in fact I am amazed I haven't reviewed it before. It is always great but the best time of all for me is Sunday Morning about 9.30. You can have a really lovely relaxed breakfast, read the Sunday papers and prepare for your day. The food is always good, the staff ultra friendly and it just has a really relaxing atmosphere, with not too many tables so you never feel on top of other people. The pooch always comes and knows exactly where the jar of dog biscuits is kept! I am planning the G&T afternoon tea as soon as I can find an excuse.....

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017

We had a lovely lunch here. Lovely atmosphere and dogs welcome. Nice menu to choose from and very reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

First came here 2 years ago and the food is still good. Although they don't offer vegetarian breakfast I had a fry up without the meat and home made bread. Lovely.Good choice for breakfast​ and lunch. It gets busy with families at teatime. Good food and good staff.