“Lunch after visiting the Castle”
Review of Bertram's

Bertram's
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Warkworth
Description: Cafe and bed and breakfast serving excellent quality locally sourced Northumbrian produce.
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Bertram's after having visited nearby Warkworth Castle. Beautiful spring day so we decided to sit outside in the courtyard which was catching the afternoon sun. After having walked around the castle and down to the beach we were peckish. I decided to go for the locally sourced kippers and brown bread, my wife decided to go for the pea and mint soup. The kippers were delicious, simple dish with brown bread hit the spot. The soup was tasty as well. We both had a refreshing fever tree tonic with ice. Definately recommend to people visiting Warkworth.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank sostraveluk

Reviewed April 4, 2017

What can I say, we just love Bertram's! We have been many times, in fact I am amazed I haven't reviewed it before. It is always great but the best time of all for me is Sunday Morning about 9.30. You can have a really lovely relaxed breakfast, read the Sunday papers and prepare for your day. The food is always good, the staff ultra friendly and it just has a really relaxing atmosphere, with not too many tables so you never feel on top of other people. The pooch always comes and knows exactly where the jar of dog biscuits is kept! I am planning the G&T afternoon tea as soon as I can find an excuse.....

Reviewed April 3, 2017

We had a lovely lunch here. Lovely atmosphere and dogs welcome. Nice menu to choose from and very reasonable.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

First came here 2 years ago and the food is still good. Although they don't offer vegetarian breakfast I had a fry up without the meat and home made bread. Lovely.Good choice for breakfast​ and lunch. It gets busy with families at teatime. Good food and good staff.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2017

We have been here a couple of times now on visits to Warkworth. It is a really lovely place to eat and meet. The food is good quality and presented well. The tables etc are well placed and not too squashed. The staff are always friendly and appear to love their job. Great place which we will revisit.