All reviews dog friendly hotel lovely hotel busy road hotel restaurant sunday lunch first floor full english short break very pleasant stay beef dog owners the river cooked to perfection a great place to stay lounge area bed was very comfortable night break
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely stop over here on Good Friday on our way South and were well looked after from the moment we arrived. I've always wanted to stay in stunning Warkworth and finally managed to plan this Easter visit. The family run hotel has a very homely feel and ticked all the boxes with friendly staff, a cosy top floor room, a busy bar with plenty to choose from including local cask conditioned ales and a lunch/dinner menu to suit everyone's taste. The steak pie was especially good ! Overall we were delighted with our stay and will definitely come back soon. My only minor gripe was parking the car at the rear. Space is very limited and as it was full i had a tricky reverse manouver down the street. Nevertheless, if you can't get parked in Dial Place, then head to the car park at the riverside (The Stanners). I must say, the young staff are a credit to this establishment and work very hard to ensure that all the guests are well looked after. Well done guys and see you again. Stuart & Susan, Stonehaven x

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear StuartF8,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stopover with us on your way south and found the hotel to be to your liking.

It's reviews like this that let us know that we are doing a great job, and providing fantastic customer service is our number one priority and it certainly seems we hit the mark with yourselves.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team here at the hotel who continue as always to be a credit to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Stopped in B&B opposite and was recommended to eat here, a very friendly young team who were all pleasant and hard working.We had a drink first in the comfortable bar area, the bar stocked a good range of drinks with a fine selection of gins.The Farne beer was excellent from a well kept beer cellar.Our order was taken in the bar and when ready we were seated in a very comfortable restaurant .All the food served was excellent.My only criticism would be for the chef to offer small potions on the meals as although the fish and chips were great the portion was to big so there was food wastage and then only one pudding got ordered so a loss in a sale. Overall it was good value but chefs need to remember one size does not fit all appetites.

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Simon B,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us on Saturday, and everything was to your liking.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the Front of House team that worked that night, and will be sure to mention the portion sizes to the chef, as you are quite right in mentioning, one size does not fit all.

I hope we can welcome you back again to the hotel when you are next in the area and perhaps you will be able to manage two puddings.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Our friends brought us here for a birthday treat and what a treat it has been. The room is lovely (no21) very clean and comfortable with everything you need. The staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is to much trouble. We ate in the hotel restaurant both evenings
and really enjoyed the food and the ambiance. I will be recommending Warkworth House Hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear Barlicker,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had an enjoyable time away for your birthday treat and found that everything in the hotel was to your liking.

I am glad you enjoyed the food that you sampled when you ate with us in the restaurant and I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the staff at the hotel.

Great customer service is what we strive for here at the hotel and it seems that we definitely hit the mark with you.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Two nights, joining up with friends. Friends had two dogs.
Typical old building. Recent change of ownership, and has had a thorough refurbishment.
Room 2, Superior Suite. Very comfortable room, good storage, nicely decorated.
Outstanding feature is the cheerful, helpful and attentive owner and staff.
Good breakfast.

Dear RetiredGoingon30,

Many thanks for a lovely review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, alongside your friends.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff, I will be sure to pass these on to them.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon, for another relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

We stayed here this last weekend as a group of friends 5 couples occupying 5 double rooms which where all very nice, spacious clean and comfortable. We ate in the hotel both nights and all enjoyed our food, the service was excellent and the staff very accommodating. The parking is limited but we parked the first night in the village and it was no problem at all and only a stones throw away. The village is lovely and the coastal route stunning. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Shelia C,

Thank you for a lovely review.

I am glad that your group of friends enjoyed a relaxing break away with us over the weekend and that you found everything in the hotel to be to your liking.

I hope you had an enjoyable time exploring our wonderful area and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.