All reviews lovely hotel dog friendly hotel the hotel car park lamb shank busy road cosy bar hotel restaurant mash sunday lunch generous portions full english first floor short break dog owners very pleasant stay lounge area the ground floor
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and my partner Lubka came to stay at Warkworth House Hotel towards the end of January in order to celebrate my 50th Birthday, I knew that we were in for a tremendous experience when I called to book the room with Sharon and we were not disappointed. On arrival Sam gave the perfect introduction to our stay with a very warm welcome on what was a very cold day, it made us feel so special after a long day of travelling. The room was beautifully clean and well appointed, the bar very cosy and the food and beer to die for (Lubka loved the wine too!) Hannah our dog was also allowed to stay and she had her own little welcome with a bowl of sausages whilst we ate. The stay went so quickly and was really enjoyable for us all, we loved the quality breakfasts and the wonderful ladies that served us as well as the relaxing evenings in the bar spent with great company. Our last day was my Birthday and I was surprised with a gin and tonic cheesecake handmade by Sharon with a candle to celebrate my big day. There is so much more I could write, the quality of the food, amazing ingredients, lovely bacon and an array of gins to choose from, we cannot recommend this place enough and are counting the days until we can go back for another visit. If we could give 100 stars it still wouldn’t be enough.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear BrianS6900,

Thank you for a fantastic review.

I am glad that your enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and that the staff continued to be credit to the hotel. We strive for excellent customer service and reviews like this let us know that we are getting it right.

We look forward to welcoming you and Hannah back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were due to stay here in October but because of a house move we thought we would try out the Winter Sunshine of January, we were not disappointed.
A friendly welcome by the staff, very comfortable room, one of the most comfortable beds we have had in a hotel. A great breakfast from fantastic staff.
A great place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Brian,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your delayed stay with us , and that the weather behaved itself to allow you to go out and explore our wonderful county.

I will pass your kind comments on to all the staff, and I hope you enjoyed your couple of days in Durham.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great night away at The Warkworth House Hotel the room was beautiful,we had a lovely meal downstairs in the lounge area and the staff were very friendly and made a big fuss of our spaniel. We will definitely return and would highly recommend your hotel to other visitors.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Wendy B.

Thank you for a great review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your night away with us and the team here at the hotel continued to provide their great customer service to both humans and dogs alike!

We thank you for the reccomendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were four couples staying for 2 nights
Lovely warm hotel (-5 outside) good food and friendly staff
Rooms very comfortable
Walkworth is a great place to stay with plenty to do in the surrounding areas

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Terry H,

Thank you for a fantastic review.

I am glad that your group of friends all enjoyed their break away, and that you found everything in the hotel to your liking, including the heating!

I hope we can welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were made to feel very welcome with our 2 dogs here. The room was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and attentative without being overbearing. The dogs were brought water when we had our evening meal and enjoyed their breakfast sausage! The food was lovely, generous portion sizes, and well presented. We hope to return here soon. This hotel is dog friendly not just dog tolerant. Well done!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lping,

Thank you for a brilliant review. It is really wonderful to get reviews like this as it means that we are continuing to do our job to the best of our ability.

We strive to ensure that every guest, whether they have two legs or four, are made to feel welcomed and have a comfortable and relaxing stay. It certainly seems this was the case for yourselves!

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.