“What a change since I last visited in 2012.....”

Warkworth House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warkworth
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Last time I stayed at Warkworth House it was before the refurb and I remember having one of the most uncomfortable nights sleep ever. I knew they had totally changed the place but imagine the shock / horror when I found myself being directed to the very same room. But this time I'm delighted to report that the bed was sumptuously comfortable and the room nicely appointed with a lovely bathroom and shower.

I ate just up the road at the Masons Arms as I was alone but I understand the food to be good too !

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank RichCotswoldChap

Reviewed May 27, 2014

There isn't an overall 'good' rating only 'very good' and I don't feel that I could give this hotel that rating. However there are some very good points: the room and public areas were very clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. Both breakfasts and an evening meal did not disappoint.
Unfortunately we had a room at the front of the building and found the traffic plus noise from downstairs disturbing. The windows are old and single glazed. Curtains are very thin, without linings, and when the road was quieter we did get some some sleep but very early morning sunshine woke us up!
Hotel furnishings are rather eclectic and good items, e.g. the tartan chairs in the lounge, stand beside well a very worn black settee and chairs. Also wires for wall lights are just left hanging around the walls.
We paid £109 per night for bed and breakfast so not inexpensive and I did request a quiet room when I booked.

Room Tip: If traffic noise keeps you awake choose room away from the front of the hotel. Try the restaurant fo...
1  Thank mrscoulter
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary earlier this month and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is lovely and staff absolutely brilliant - not in your face but always there when you need them. The restaurant food was amazing too, so glad we decided to eat there both nights as it was delicious! Will definitely stay again but this time bring the dog as he would have loved the walks. As well as the hotel, Warkworth itself is very dog friendly.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We are just back from a three night stay at this hotel and can recommend it to anyone. We had a cracking room (No 7), great food and good beer available in the bar. The staff made us feel very welcome and were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 7 was ace. I think it cost a bit extra but well worth it
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in Warkworth House Hotel and enjoyed it so much! Margaret, the manager, made us feel so welcome. We didn't even bother to lock our door when we left the hotel. It was like staying in someone's country home. The beach was nearby and we enjoyed walking along the shore and finding beautiful sea glass and seeing all the people walk by with their dogs. It was a lovely three day vacation and if we hadn't been homesick for our own dogs, we would've liked to stay longer.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street and there was a little traffic noise but it died down in time to go to...
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here the end of last year as a weekend getaway and looked for something a bit cheaper outside of Alnwick. Not entirely sure I got the room I booked as it definitely didn't have a bath as stated, however it was tucked away in its own corner of the hotel so I stuck with it for the quiet factor, the room its self was somewhat of an attic conversion however for what it lacked in height and space it made up for in cleanliness, design and personality. Parking was also a bit restricted on the space and lets just say I am glad I drive a small car. For me the most disappointing thing about my stay was the dis-contention amongst the ranks of the staff which was openly expressed in front of the guests, this is something I do not like to see as it makes guests uncomfortable.

Aside from that a nice hotel in an idyllic location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karl W
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just back form a one night stay. Great staff who made us feel very welcome. Room was very nice and just refurbed. Large and with plenty of room. It was at the front of the hotel yet we didnt notice the traffic noise at all as previous reviews had said. Clean and tidy. Breakfast was OK, nothing great and just OK. We ate in the resteraunt for our evenning meal and this was probably the only let down. Food was really well presented but just lacked any taste. Both of us had different meals yet both said the meals were just bland. This was the only let down during our stay. Staff were fantastic, Room was great and location great but next time we will eat somewhere else but we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warkworth
Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
The White Swan Hotel
The White Swan Hotel
#5 of 5 in Alnwick
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club

Been to Warkworth House Hotel? Share your experiences!