“Absolutely Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Warkworth B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay in the Emily Noble Room at this beautiful, tasteful b&b. Really to call it a b&b is not a fair description of the luxury facilities and brilliant breakfasts that were part of the package. We could not have asked for more. I am a very fussy person but could not make a single suggestion for improvement. Thank you very much Claire for your wonderful hospitality. Hopefully we will see you again before too long.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Supergrannieisgreat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
yorkshire
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the second time we have visited Roxbro House. The rooms are beautifully decorated and house stunning period furniture. The rooms are clean and luxurious.
Breakfast is excellent with a wide selection of local produce, cooked to perfection.
The owners are excellent hosts and make you feel extremely welcome.
I would highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank holidaybunny_10
Chorley
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at Roxbro House for a weekend away to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We were welcomed warmly and shown to the Ethel Noble room. The room was lovely - really spacious and decorated in an old fashioned style which fit in with the rest of the house. The bathroom was also very large with free-standing bath and separate shower cubicle. We really apprecaited the little touches such as the chocolates and the toiletries in the room, and the wine and cheese during Happy Hour, and of course the lemon cake - delicious!

During our stay we sampled several of the breakfasts; I went for the Roxbro rosti and the eggs benedict, whilst my husband had the full English and the pancakes. All were very tasty and presented well. The 'help yoursefl' buffet of cereals, fruits, juice, etc. was well stocked and gave plenty of choice.

On the second day the weather was awful, so we went back to the room, borrowed a DVD from the extensive collection and had a glass of wine and some cake! Perfect place to relax.

Whilst there we ate at the Hermitage in Warkworth on our first night (good pub food and nice atmosphere), and the Treehouse at Alnwick Gardens on the second night (very nice for a special occassion)

We had a great stay and would recommend Roxbro House for couples wanting a quiet weekend away in lovely accommodation.

1 Thank LouiseLeyland
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a lovely time at Roxbro House comfortable and clean room, fantastic breakfast lots of choice and plenty of it.
Very friendly welcome and nothing too much trouble. Happy hour great idea, we felt right at home it was lovely. A good base to visit the attractions in this beautiful part of the UK. We highly recommend this B&B. Thank you Claire and Stu.

2 Thank cal b
co durham
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night when visiting the area. We had read the reviews on here and new what to expect. Check in is not until 4pm which I think is late especially when we were only staying the one night. We had emailed the hotel to see if we could check in any earlier but were told no as they were shopping. To be fair I can understand the one time check in but I still think its late. We stayed in the Owners suite which is lovely and its like stepping back in time. I loved the roll top bath in the bedroom. Nice touches like real coffee, fruit and chocolates and fresh milk in the fridge. We were supposed to get fresh milk delivered to your door in the morning but we never received any and I had to go down the staircase in the dressing gown provided and found some in the corridor, not sure if it was meant for us but we had no milk left so we used it. The best thing about Roxbro House is definitely the breakfast. I had the Roxbro rosti and it was delicious and they also do lovely fruit and yoghurt. We possibly may stay here again but they don't cater for children so would not be able to stay as a family.

2 Thank treacle5
fusspot123, Owner at Roxbro House, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I would like to take the opportunity to clarify one major point to readers of your review and state that we DO accept children, and have many delightful little ones stay with us on a regular basis.
I did contact this reviewer directly and asked her if she would re word her statement about not catering for children, given that it is untrue, but she refused to do so. She stated to me by email that "she" would not feel comfortable bringing her own young children here. That view point has been echoed many times before by departing guests who have loved staying here as a couple, due to the house containing a lot of fine furniture and antiques- a view point that I totally understand being a mother and grandmother myself. Sadly in her response she felt it necessary to throw a couple of personal insults at me, which I felt were very uncalled for!

One being that I never respond to any "Excellent" reviews. At the moment that is indeed true, although in the past I have attempted to. We are always very grateful to anyone who takes the time to review their stay with us, but we are a very busy 6 bedroom B&B and my hubby and I run this and a self catering cabin single handily ( with the help of a part time housekeeper).

We already, like so many other B&B's work 14+ hour days, 7 days a week dealing with planning, bookings, laundry, maintenance etc . Unlike larger establishments we simply do not have the luxury of having a manager or receptionist to answer reviews for us. So being a responsible caring owner when I read a review where there seems to be dissatisfaction - I respond!
I would love to have the luxury of having the time to respond to the hundreds of excellent reviews we receive, but at present I simply don't - unless I wanted to give up my sleep.
I could respond to every review quickly and insincerely, but I don't believe that would be very professional.

With regards to the comments in this review about us shopping and lack of milk, I am afraid they have been inaccurately recorded.

I do hope that me taking the time to respond to this review has clarified points that you have raised.

Claire
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night in the owners suite on the top floor with my wife as a birthday treat. We had 3 separate rooms , bedroom, bathroom and snug. Although decoration was not really to my taste the room was very comfortable and warm. Breakfast was really nice with a range of cereals and fruits followed by a selection of cooked meals I opted for full English and it was lovely. Fresh milk was provided in our fridge which is better than those plastic cartons you get at most B and B,s. A roll topped bath was enjoyed by my wife as she likes to relax while reading. All in all an enjoyable stay and think it would be a real treat using the hot tub, garden etc when the weather is better. If I could make one suggestion I would make the owners suite into a family room I think it would appeal to more people wishing to stay in Northumberland.

fusspot123, Owner at Roxbro House, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a constructive review.
I am pleased that you found the room comfortable and warm and that the bath was well received.

Whilst I welcome any suggestions, The Owners Suite is already used by families and very often the parents use the double bedroom and a child, or teenager or indeed a third person are accommodated very comfortably in the snug on the fully sprung daybed.

Best wishes

Claire
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Really top flight B&B accommodation. We love this part of the UK and this B&B just adds to the experience. The breakfasts are excellent and the rooms are really quite special. Claire is great fun and a brilliant hostess.
Highly recommended

1 Thank chris m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warkworth
Warkworth House Hotel
The Sun Hotel
The Sun Hotel
#6 of 10 in Warkworth
St Valery Boutique Bed & Breakfast

Been to Roxbro House? Share your experiences!