All reviews sanderson room garden apartment cakes on arrival beautiful house the main house an excellent host ginger wine attention to detail nothing is too much trouble warm welcome large bathroom pretty garden b bs fabulous place to stay first class bottled water
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rarely have we stayed at a B&B guesthouse and felt so reluctant to leave. In fact Mandy, the owner, was able to provide a further extra night to the five we had booked for earlier this month. We would happily have stayed longer had our room been available. Fairfield and the owner, Mandy, are a delight both. The house is a handsome Victorian villa with conservatory, shaded sun terrace, garden, and comfortable rooms, all constantly well cared for. Mandy as gracious, humouress and thoughtful a hostess as you could wish for. The breakfasts are varied, ample and beautifully cooked. This is truly a memorable and excellent B&B to which we shall certainly return.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank RBrown800
Fairfield-Warkworth, Owner at Fairfield Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi,

This is such a lovely review so thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I'm glad we had that extra night for you. I do love this house and I like hearing that other people think it's special too.

I can't wait to have you stay again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed on a self- catering basis in Mandy's Garden Apartment in the last week of July. We like calm and tranquility and we achieved this courtesy of our very special host. Although we were self-catering, Mandy welcomed us warmly and invited us to use all the facilities, including the garden, guest lounge and dining room (to access wi-fi). We had a lovely stay, in a purpose-built apartment which cleverly used the space. Mandy and her daughter were excellent hosts who deserve their 100 per cent excellent reviews. Friends arrived to visit, with flowers for us. mandy immediately provided a vase, before we even asked. We will certainly return.

Room tip: If you like your own space, the apartment is a good choice.

Hi,

Thank you very much for this review. We're glad you enjoyed the apartment. We love hearing that people have liked what we do - it makes it all worthwhile.

Mandy and Felicity

Reviewed July 21, 2013

As soon as you drive up to the house you know you have arrived at a special place. The welcome my husband and I had off Mandy was warm and welcoming and as soon as we were shown to our room we were offered tea and cake and assistance to get settled in and comfortable. We were luckly to have a room overlooking the garden. The flowers and landscaping are quite and peaceful - you really have to tear yourself away to look at the surrounding attractions of castles and coastline. And the breakfasts! The French Toast with Cinammon is an absolute delight. This is definitely a Guesthouse of distinction, with tasteful decoration, comfortable rooms (the bathroom was huge) and pristine cleanliness. We have no hesitation in recommending Fairfield, and Thank You Mandy for letting us stay in your beautiful home.

Room tip: The room overlooking the Garden has a huge Shower Room.
2  Thank DiChris-Parry P
Fairfield-Warkworth, Owner at Fairfield Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hi,

It was great to have you both staying with us - it was lovely to meet you and I'm glad you have had such a lovely time.
I'm glad you enjoyed the garden - it is a lot of work but I feel it is worth it when you are sitting there enjoying some tea and cake. I have to admit the cinnamon toast is a favourite of mine as well.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review - it is very appreciated.

Take care,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Probably the best guest house in Britain.Absolutely flawless in all respects.This is surely the benchmark for all B&Bs.Mandy you made us feel very welcome and your garden is beautiful even if it's hard work! Enjoy your lazy afternoons on your hammock--you deserve it.Thank you

1  Thank catloverliz
Fairfield-Warkworth, Owner at Fairfield Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your very kind review. Glad you enjoyed your trip and please come back if and when you're next in Northumberland.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My parents, husband and I stayed here on the 5th July for the entire weekend to see the sights ink using the Farne's. From the moment we arrived we were treated like honoured guests, shown to our rooms and then tea, coffee and cake was served on the patio overlooking the most amazing gardens!

Our room was beautifully furnished with a ginormous bathroom and was very light and airy. The towels were huge and fluffy which I love and svery concenience was to hans if you needed it. My parents stayed in the garden room which was also amazing and had the added benefit of a fridge for the hottest days in the year!

The thing that surprised and delighted me the most is that Mandy has thought of every tiny touch to make everything perfect! There was nothing I could constructively comment on and I am very picky!!! She was an amazing, warm and friendly host who clearly loves what she does and was subtly in the background making sure you were ok! Breakfast was divine with far more options than simply full English and the dining room was a great way to start the day! Mandy took the time to ask our plans and then provide some fab advice including two dinner recommendations - both of which were divine!

I will be making it my mission to return here again just as soon as I can and a huge thank you to Mandy for making the weekend so perfect!

1  Thank UKCemj

What a wonderful review, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and look forward to you coming back.