All reviews sanderson room peony room garden apartment cakes on arrival house is beautiful the main house ginger wine walk in wardrobe an excellent host warm welcome nothing is too much trouble attention to detail an excellent cook pretty garden pre book cooked breakfast
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This lovely Guest-house really does live up to expectations and previous reviewers have not exaggerated its all round excellence. Mandy is a perfect hostess and nothing is too much trouble for her. The quality and presentation of the breakfast was wonderful. The Victorian house stands in its own large grounds in a tranquil part of the village and has a restful ambience. Our bedroom overlooked the beautiful rear garden and was commodious and furnished to a high standard of comfort. A nice touch was the provision of delicious ginger cake in the afternoon. It is an easy walk to the charming village. We recommend a stroll along the River Coquet which was lovely in the colours of Autumn.
There can't be many places as good in the UK!

Room tip: I would guess that they are all good with subtle differences.
Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Anthony J
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It would be hard to think of a better place to stay than Fairfield House. We were walking the Northumberland Coastal Path with friends and this was easily our best stop. Mandy is a tremendous host and nothing was too much trouble. Fortunately, the coastal walk is a level one or the huge and varied breakfast followed by an equally generous packed lunch would have been regretted over the miles to follow--the chocolate brownies alone are enough to make us return. This is a lovely house and garden with a more than kind host.

Room tip: I doubt you would find a bad one
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan-R-10
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Each year my wife and i always try to secure a short break at Mandys beautiful house.This is our fifth trip now and each time it just gets better and better. We love walking, visiting places and being close to village facilities(within walking distance) of pubs and restaurants and Fairfield House fits the bill perfectly. Mandy is an excellent host who takes great pride in the quality of the accommodation and will help in any way she can to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.

We think it is a great base to visit loads of fantastic places like Bamburgh- castle and beach, Holy Island, Craster and Dunstanburgh and Embleton Beach. The coastal walks are spectacular and we were lucky in Early September to enjoy superb weather- see photos.

Its the finishing touches that differentiate Mandys guesthouse from the rest- quality breakfasts, little cakes to go with your cuppa after walking all day and the superbly comfortable facilities within the property.

There is so much to see and do in the area and the village of Warkworth is quiet and friendly and there are a few decent places to eat and drink. The Hermitage pub offers decent fayre and good beers and Topsey Turveys(you need to prebook) is a very nice restaurant with a good selection of food.

All in all we have no need to go anywhere else for a weekend away as Fairfield House delivers on all fronts.

Quite simply - The best guesthouse weve ever stayed in!

Room tip: All the rooms are as good as one another
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank THECOACH
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I had 4 wonderful nighta at the Fairview Guesthouse in early September.The Fairfield was well worth it's star rating,our room which over looked the garden was large and well furnished,the bathroom large and well equpped.Mandy our host could not do enough for us and made us feel very welcome.The breakfast was gargantuan,the quality of the produce was second to none and the choice you had was marvelous.When we returned in the afternoon there was freshly made biscuits waiting for us(not a common occurence in hotels now adays).Mandy was very helpful in suppling us with information about the area,thanks to her we had a good days walking,and saw the seals on the boat from Seahouses.Just two little points,Fairfield is about 8 minutes walk out of the village,OK for me and my wife,but less fit people would need to drive,the other is I would have liked to have ordered my breakfast on the morning I was eating it and not the night before,my wife did not mind this.That said our stay was brilliant and I would certainly stay there again and heartily recommend the Fairfield.

Room tip: Choose a room over looking the garden.
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank mallows10
Reviewed September 14, 2012

From my initial phone call inquiry, to waving us goodbye, this was a magical stay. We couldn't have asked for more... very good advice on where to eat out and where to explore in the local area. The room was beautiful, as was the decor around the hotel (it reminded us of the gorgeous Victorian hotels we stayed at in S. Africa. The veggie breakfast was superb! The garden was stunning and, in the morning, the whole mood of the place set us up perfectly for my proposal of marriage to my girlfriend on Alnmouth Beach later that day... we couldn't be happier (she said yes!!!!)

Room tip: A veiw of the garden would be best. Our room didn't have this, but it really didn't matter
1  Thank dan e