All reviews sanderson room garden apartment cakes on arrival beautiful house an excellent host the main house ginger wine nothing is too much trouble warm welcome attention to detail large bathroom pretty garden fabulous place to stay cooked breakfast bottled water soft towels
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I had 4 wonderful nighta at the Fairview Guesthouse in early September.The Fairfield was well worth it's star rating,our room which over looked the garden was large and well furnished,the bathroom large and well equpped.Mandy our host could not do enough for us and made us feel very welcome.The breakfast was gargantuan,the quality of the produce was second to none and the choice you had was marvelous.When we returned in the afternoon there was freshly made biscuits waiting for us(not a common occurence in hotels now adays).Mandy was very helpful in suppling us with information about the area,thanks to her we had a good days walking,and saw the seals on the boat from Seahouses.Just two little points,Fairfield is about 8 minutes walk out of the village,OK for me and my wife,but less fit people would need to drive,the other is I would have liked to have ordered my breakfast on the morning I was eating it and not the night before,my wife did not mind this.That said our stay was brilliant and I would certainly stay there again and heartily recommend the Fairfield.

Room tip: Choose a room over looking the garden.
1  Thank mallows10
Reviewed September 14, 2012

From my initial phone call inquiry, to waving us goodbye, this was a magical stay. We couldn't have asked for more... very good advice on where to eat out and where to explore in the local area. The room was beautiful, as was the decor around the hotel (it reminded us of the gorgeous Victorian hotels we stayed at in S. Africa. The veggie breakfast was superb! The garden was stunning and, in the morning, the whole mood of the place set us up perfectly for my proposal of marriage to my girlfriend on Alnmouth Beach later that day... we couldn't be happier (she said yes!!!!)

Room tip: A veiw of the garden would be best. Our room didn't have this, but it really didn't matter
Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank dan e
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A beautiful house with everything that you could wish for. The generosity of the hostess, Mandy, shines through in every aspect from the sublime breakfasts to the freshly baked cakes that appear in the entrance hall everyday and the open invitation to enjoy the lovely garden. We stayed for a week and found it hard to tear ourselves away.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our 3rd visit to this lovely guesthouse and we never tire of it. The standard of the accomodation is 2nd to none and the breakfasts are truly amazing. The location is ideal for exploring the beautiful beaches and villages of the Northumbria Coast. Mandy is a wonderful hostess and her attention to detail is spot on.The gardens are beautiful and if you're lucky with the weather it's a delightul place to just sit and relax or read a book.

2  Thank CBenny57
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous. Peaceful. Lovely hostess. Wonderful gardens, comfortable beds, well equipped ensuite bathrooms. Great breakfast choices. Can recommend the English muffins with scrambled eggs and bacon with tomato chutney.